• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Okehampton query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivo

Established Member
Quick question guys:

When does the service to Okehampton begin this year, and is it still restricted to Sundays?

TIA :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TEW

Established Member
In the FGW timetables as running 3rd June until 23rd September, same timings as previous years.

SprinterMan

Established Member
Do these trains call at Sampford Courtenay as well as Okehampton, what are they operated by and why do they only run on Sundays?

Thanks, Adam :)

Essexman

Established Member
Where can I find a timetable for this service - I want to use it this summer.

Oliver

Where can I find a timetable for this service - I want to use it this summer.

Well if you go to Table 136 of the NR online timetable the stations on the line appear, but there are no trains shown between Yeoford and Okehampton, even on the summer Sundays when they are supposed to be running.

If you go to Traveline SW and select a journey by rail from Exeter to Okehampton on Sunday 3rd June the times do appear (dep 09:04, 11:03, 13:06, 15:06 from Central, etc.), but if you click on "timetable" it takes you to the NR timetable, as above.

CC 72100

Established Member
Do these trains call at Sampford Courtenay as well as Okehampton, what are they operated by and why do they only run on Sundays?

Can help you with the one point - operated by either 143, 150 or 153 :)

IanD

Established Member
Well if you go to Table 136 of the NR online timetable the stations on the line appear, but there are no trains shown between Yeoford and Okehampton, even on the summer Sundays when they are supposed to be running.

The May 14th NRT released on Friday contains these services.

All trains to Okehampton will call at Sampford Courtenay, amazingly for how remote the station is at Sampford Courtenay, it was used by 76 people last year on the fgw service.
I believe the daily service that was planned has been put back to 2013.

TEW

Established Member
That's because the Okehampton branch has no platform at Yeoford. Beyond Crediton the Okehampton and Barnstaple branches are two separate single lines even though they run parallel to each other. Okehampton trains can't physically call at Yeoford.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Can help you with the one point - operated by either 143, 150 or 153 :)

150s have been pretty rare in the last couple of years, been a 143 or 153 usually. Obviously with the 142s gone there are now more 150s around though.

Status
Not open for further replies.