• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Old bashing trips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I found an old bashing book from the early 90s the other day in a cupboard and was wondering if anyone ever puts stuff like that on here ever? Or whether this was just for the current scene? Not been on here long so I don't know if anyone ever does and I don't know if this would even be the right section?
Or to be honest whether anyone would even be remotely interested? :|

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
You can post it as it is always worth reading about the railways back in 'ye olden' days before MUs took over

Kristofferson

It'd find an audience here for sure! The nostalgic trips are a real eye opener for the younger bashers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member
Ooh, yes please, definitely.
I know I'm not the only one that loves historic move reports.
47403 has posted some particularly evocative memories.
There are quite a few posts somewhere in this section of the forum that I posted a couple of years ago detailing my numerous all line rovers between 1989 and 2004.

Last edited:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Ok, when I get a minute I'll go through the old book and see what I got up too. Thanks all.

Harbornite

Established Member
It's interesting to see older content on here, I don't see why people would find your reports dull.

AJM580

Another vote for a good old nostalgia fest here. Always good to hear about the days of proper trains

Keith Jarrett

I found an old bashing book from the early 90s the other day in a cupboard and was wondering if anyone ever puts stuff like that on here ever? Or whether this was just for the current scene? Not been on here long so I don't know if anyone ever does and I don't know if this would even be the right section?
Or to be honest whether anyone would even be remotely interested? :|

As one of the more senior bashers on here - my 40th anniversary bash is looming fast - please post anything you can. I started a thread some while ago called Keith's Time Machine but other events have prevented me posting more from the late 70s and early 80s. Mt Scottish spotting trip from 1977 is the best write-up I've done thus far but given time, I'll write up more.

So, Mr Cowley, Pleaaaaaaaaase can we have anything from the 90s. Anecdotes and all....

Established Member
Ooh i'm all for this. Get cracking sir, don't let us stop you.

I'd love to read Keith's time machine thread too. Also, many thanks for your kind words, yours were'nt too shabby neither, I loved reading them old ALR reports.

Last edited:

Merthyr Imp

I'll have a go too if you like, with accounts of my railrover trips from the mid-1970s to mid-1990s, but in general they may not be much more than lists of services travelled on and motive power.

Should I start a separate thread or continue on this one? (I'm still fairly new to this site).

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I'm having a nightmare, I've written it out on one of the kids computers and when I press submit it tells me that my token has expired whatever that means and I'm scared to touch anything in case I lose it all. I'd better not do anything now and I don't think Wifey will appreciate being woken up at 3am!
Is there any way of saving it? I can't see one

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
It is easier to write up the posts using Word or even Notepad, and copy it over into the forum

Thanks Kite, I'll do that next time, thankfully Mrs Cowley saved the day!
I'm her personal slave for the day now (could be worse).
I'll maybe use word next time.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I'm definitely also looking forward to the read, bring it on! I'd love to read about what I could have been doing, if things had been different, during my childhood!

Status
Not open for further replies.