• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Old: Class 43 on the road!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death

Established Member
Hail All! <D
The only lorries I'm interested in seeing are ones like this ;)
What I'd like to know is why that was being transported by road insted of rail...Considering that it was after the damage on it was repaired! :)

Now, we recently saw another Class 43 (A GNER one too, IIRC) making it's own way along the line, so sending this one by road doesn't really make a lot of sense to me... :|

BTW: Rofl at the "heavy haulage" irony...Considering that Class 43s are designed to pull over 200 ton of train, seeing an HGV capable of carrying one is quite amusing! :lol:

Farewell... <D
>> Death <<

Note: This is being posted outside of topic as David decided to lock the original one, so I couldn't reply there. Dropped it here insted as it's traction related. :))

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David

Established Member
Hail All! <D What I'd like to know is why that was being transported by road insted of rail...Considering that it was after the damage on it was repaired! :)

Now, we recently saw another Class 43 (A GNER one too, IIRC) making it's own way along the line, so sending this one by road doesn't really make a lot of sense to me... :|

It was probably cheaper to send it by road....

Death said:
BTW: Rofl at the "heavy haulage" irony...Considering that Class 43s are designed to pull over 200 ton of train, seeing an HGV capable of carrying one is quite amusing! :lol:

Not really. A class 43 weighs 66 tons (IIRC), and that's lighter than some loads I've seen being taken around the country

Allelys do a lot of rail transportation work, including continental work, as can be seen here

Note: This is being posted outside of topic as David decided to lock the original one, so I couldn't reply there. Dropped it here insted as it's traction related. :))

I locked it because a few people were starting to get arguementative, so I put a stop to it....

Status
Not open for further replies.