• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Old Dalby Test Track

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon Parker

Hi, new to the forum, resident of The Station House Old Dalby, anyone know why the NMT is running the test track every week lately, is there something not working with the train? or is the track failing? just wondered thats all.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Simon Parker

Thanks for the replies, I was thinking along the same lines, no way does the test track need this much analysis, just using it to set up the NMT and its operators.

38Cto15E

In the 70's I used to spend a bit of time on the test track as I was one of the few Leicester guards to sign it, I was there are many occasions when the polystirene type arrester beds were constructed at each end of the line. Also the Royal Train was stabled overnight one time and I was guard the next day to Oakham then took the empty stock to Wolverton via the Mkt Harborough-Northampton branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.