• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Old east yorkshire line

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac

Don't know if this is the right place for this but will try. I have been travelling between Gilberdyke and Eastrington to work when travelling though Sandholme there is a old house that looks like it was railway then as you keep going towards Eastrington there are 3 more all in a line near roads that look like maybe old crossing houses. Was there a railway here, where did it go and when did it close

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David Barrett

Sounds like the Hull and Barnsley. The Disused Stations website contains some details which may answer your questions.

Last edited:

High Dyke

Established Member
Sounds like the Hull and Barnsley. The Disused Stations website contains some details which may answer your questions.
Correct.

The Hull & Barnsley Railway
The Hull and Barnsley Railway of 1880 was one of the last large-scale railway companies (apart from the Barry Railway and the LD&ECR) to be formed and built in Victorian England. The railway was conceived out of Hull's jealousy of the North Eastern Railway (NER) with its perceived diversion of trade through neighbouring ports.
http://www.lner.info/co/HBR/

mac

Thank you for your replies very interesting reading in the link.

mac

thank you for that I do like maps, and this one shows the rail line I was asking about

Status
Not open for further replies.