• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Old Railway Comedy Sketches on TV help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trackman

Established Member
I've had a look on YouTube but unable to find any of the clips mentioned below.
Are they available elsewhere or hidden on YouTube- can anyone help?
I've tried my best not to reveal the gags, but you are more than welcome to comment and explain if you've seen them.

1. 'Not the Nine O'clock News' (I think) - British Rail telephone Enquires
2. The Two Ronnies - Paddington railway station announcer

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lordbusiness

Don't remember either I'm afraid but good luck.

I do remember a Little and Large short sketch using the Castrol GTX music and BR tea.

SargeNpton

Established Member
I recall Not The Nine o'Clock News sketch about a ticket office/travel centre, explaining when a Saver ticket could or could not be used - is that the one you were thinking of?

Gloster

Established Member
Somewhere on YouTube (I think) are the Two Ronnies sitting in a tube train doing a series of puns based on LT stations. (I think: it is a while since I saw it.)

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Somewhere on YouTube (I think) are the Two Ronnies sitting in a tube train doing a series of puns based on LT stations. (I think: it is a while since I saw it.)

Here it is:

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
I remember a sketch where the tannoy said "please take all your personal belongings as you leave the train". That was funny.

duncanp

Established Member
Just watch the first sketch in this selection from the politically incorrect, but very much missed, Dick Emery Show. :D :D

Trackman

Established Member
An update to see if it jogs memories so gives the gags away:
1. 'Not the Nine O'clock News' (I think) - British Rail telephone Enquires
Something like...
People sat in a room playing cards drinking and smoking.
One of them says they should answer the phone as it's been ringing for 45 minutes.
Arguments break out on who should answer it, one mentioned he answered it last week so it's not his turn.
Eventually Mel Smith goes to answer it and says 'Hello, British Rail telephone Enquires'
2. The Two Ronnies - Paddington railway station announcer
Something like...
Ronnie Corbett walks into a room and sits down and then told by the receptionist he can go in for the interview now.
Ronnie Barker is interviewing and proceeds to interview Corbett in a normal manner.
Corbett's replies cannot be understood as they are like broken English but Barker understands his replies.
At the end Barker tells him he has got the job.
As Corbett leaves and shuts the door behind him there is a notice on the door saying 'Paddington railway station announcer interviews'

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Russ Abbot's 'Get a ticket, not a criminal record' sketch always made me chuckle !

silverfoxcc

May i Recommend Eric Sykes 'Journey'

Has the wonderful Chick Murray in it

The routings may not be 100% but it is funny

It is on You Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.