• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Old School Nedding..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
It's a mix of 'now standing' and 'at'. Perfect example would be at Hereford; 'The train at platform 3 is the 0850 Central Trains service to Birmingham New Street. Calling at Ledbury...'

:lurk:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Julian G

Established Member
Can you imagine that Eurostar service at Glasgow Central? Just picture being on the concourse, at the till in WHSmith buying your newspaper, and the announcer comes on saying something like this:

'The train at platform 1 is the 2000 Eurostar service to Paris Gare Du Nord. Calling at Motherwell, Carlisle, Preston, Crewe, London Waterloo International and Paris Gare Du Nord. First Class accommodation is towards the rear of this train. Would all passengers travelling on this service please have all tickets and passports ready for inspection at the Eurostar check-in point.

Platform 1 for the 2000 Eurostar service to Paris Gare Du Nord.'

I don't know about you lot, but I'd have loved to see it and hear it.

Not Waterloo, but Kensington Olympia and Ashford Intl.

Tom C

Speaking of Ex BEX 319s, 319220 is now in Southern Green Livery now still at Wolverton, so that makes 2 Creche Units remaining

Yes they were allocated together on Friday for the 08:20 (I think, 2D something) London Bridge to Wimbledon, Connex paintwork looked very clean unlike the First Capital 319's which are discusting.

FNW also did some Euston-Man Apts, lasted a bit longer, 322 operated although a fair few 309s worked thru, these were hellfire runs RA Euston-Tamworth or somewhere on a Clacton!

London to Clacton was good enough but for them to last with First was very nice, 309's are very, very, very sorely missed

Established Member
London to Clacton was good enough but for them to last with First was very nice, 309's are very, very, very sorely missed.

I only had the farewell tour to Norwich etc and last day on the GE, but a fair few runs when Longsight based.
17xx Manchester-Brum was a quality train to go south on for variety, some 100mph+ Crewe-Stafford.
Was too much for on one trip as approaching Stafford, power car abandoned due to fire!:shock: TMs (presumably?) gettin a bit smoky!
Never did one Euston-Man Apt throughout, regret it now but other stuff to go for then!

Quality units, certainly had some omph in 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.