• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oliver Cromwell Peak forester

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsmr

Heard on twitter that fireman injured and taken to hospital after tunnel blowback. Been waiting 90 mins for it to pass Oakham
Hope the guy is Ok

I assume the
tour will have been cancelled?
Update train passed Oakham at 1403 2 hours late heading to Melton

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Railcar B

Heard on twitter that fireman injured and taken to hospital after tunnel blowback. Been waiting 90 mins for it to pass Oakham
Hope the guy is Ok

I assume the tour will have been cancelled?

AIUI from comments from others while waiting for it at Alexandra Palace, the ecs was held up on the NLL by engineering work. This caused a change of plan to board the passengers at Finsbury Park. The special never went to KX, but when it did come past Ally Pally around 11.10 (about 90 min late) Oliver Cromwell was going well, vigorously blowing off steam, but piloted by a WCRC class 47.

I hope nothing further untoward has happened and that nobody has been hurt, but if what you heard on twitter is correct it must have happened further north.

Status
Not open for further replies.