• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Olympic Bus Transfers/ Loans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Saw a couple of dozen First vehicles in the distance today as I worked at North Greenwich. All had identical advertising panels saying "First for London" on them.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

6Gman

Established Member
Wow!

Anybody know where the photos were taken? A bridge over the A12?

Having visited there yesterday I think it may be the footbridge over the A12 near Hackney Wick station.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Does anyone know who is running the buses from Maidenhead, Slough and Windsor to Eton Dorney?

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Does anyone know who is running the buses from Maidenhead, Slough and Windsor to Eton Dorney?

I believe it's a mix of operators, with First, Reading Buses and Green Buses providing vehicles. There may be more operators involved.

WatcherZero

Established Member
Olympic bus knocked over and killed a cyclist, bus driver in his 60's arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Just to report some more transfer activity from Stagecoach East Midlands - 16302, 16631/2 have reportedly returned to Stagecoach South, with 16804/7/8 coming back north to East Midlands. The loan was apparently related to a requirement for vehicles with tachograph equipment fitted, for use at Eton Dorney during the sailing events.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Saw some UlsterBus and First Bus vehicles heading back north along the M6 earlier.

TP

tbtc

Veteran Member
Rather than setting up a new thread to discuss another aspect of Olympic buses, how many places have seen 12 plate vehicles enter service (after the main games have finished)?

100 Geminis due for First's Leeds operations, but I don't think they've got there yet.

KendalKing

Established Member
Rather than setting up a new thread to discuss another aspect of Olympic buses, how many places have seen 12 plate vehicles enter service (after the main games have finished)?

The 12-reg'd E400's have started to re-enter service at Morecambe.

Status
Not open for further replies.