• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Olympic freight diversions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Not at all - if you stand by the GOBLIN or the North London Line for any length of time you're still quite likely to see freight as things stand.

I think that during the Olympics the intention is to more or less eliminate freight from the NLL. As a minimum, I understand that they want to keep the key stretch from Stratford to Camden Road free.

Some of it is going down the GOBLIN, but the rest has to go up through Ely etc as there isn't anywhere else it can actually go.

caliwag

Bl++dy nerve...is there nothing that the soddiong Olympics aren't bu+ering up? At least the cricket season carries on regardless...weather permitting of course!

What exactly is still going around London as i thought most containers for the NE and NW already routed across Pborough and on to Nuneaton to the WCML

GBRf runs their services via Peterborough currently. Once the Nuneaton North Chord is complete, Freightliner will divert various services that way aswell but whether the current electric services will become diesel and diverted or stay as is I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.