• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Olympic late night trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

cambsy

On Moderation
Will it be possible to board the late night olympic trains as a normal passenger?will the station staff physically stop none olympic spectators boarding the trains, and will the fares be normal fares?just be interesting to do overnight pendolino or hst when they don't usually do overnight workings

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

wintonian

Established Member
Will it be possible to board the late night olympic trains as a normal passenger?will the station staff physically stop none olympic spectators boarding the trains, and will the fares be normal fares?just be interesting to do overnight pendolino or hst when they don't usually do overnight workings

I don't think they are being restricted to Olympic only travellers, if so they would have to check everyone’s ticket before boarding to ensure they are one of the special Olympic fare tickets.

Not to mention that there are some free un-ticketed events happening as well.

DownSouth

Established Member
They would also have to be available for the extra staff who will be working at businesses like cafes and restaurants during the Games. There will be a whole lot of people who will be involved despite not having an event ticket, volunteer accreditation or some other official access pass.

Johnny Lewis

The late night trains from London Euston to Manchester and Liverpool appear in Virgin Trains' current pocket timetables, and there is no mention that these are anything other than normal public services. Similarly the East Midlands Trains late night / early morning services from St. Pancras.

So I would imagine that all trains will be available to anyone that wishes to travel on them.

The Planner

Veteran Member
They were originally all going to be set down only once they had left London, don't know if this is still the case.

mralexn

I cant see these overnight trains being packed anyway,
and im sure just like with the "royal wedding" that happened a few months ago,
FGW put on loads of extra trains late at night, I remember bashing one of them and there was all of 4 people on board leaving paddington! :P

with that in mind, i think they will accept anyone who has a ticket :)

transmanche

Established Member
with that in mind, i think they will accept anyone who has a ticket :)
Was there ever any intention that they would be for Games ticket holders only? I can't even imagine why they'd want to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.