• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Olympic Park May Bank holiday closures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodAtum

On Moderation
I'll be travelling to the Olympic park on the May Bank holiday (5/6/7 May). Are any of the lines closed that day?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Tube line closures aren't typically announced until around a month beforehand so difficult to say - it's like there will be closures, just difficult to say where. :)

(Which sport you heading over there for? Will be the first time more than one venue has been in operation at once, so I'd allow some time to clear security at the Olympic Park entrance, especially on the 5th.)

Ivo

Established Member
TfL provide a provisional list once every so often which lists expected closures up to six months in advance (see here). Pencilled in for the May Day Weekend are:

Sat 05 May 12 - Mon 07 May 12: District: Turnham Green to Ealing Broadway
Sat 05 May 12 - Mon 07 May 12: London Overground: Clapham Junction to Kensington (Olympia); Richmond to Willesden Junction (Sun/Mon only)
Sat 05 May 12 - Mon 07 May 12: Northern: Camden Town to High Barnet and Mill Hill East
Sat 05 May 12 - Mon 07 May 12: Piccadilly: Acton Town to Uxbridge
Sun 06 May 12 - Mon 07 May 12: Circle: Edgware Road to Aldgate via King's Cross St. Pancras
Sun 06 May 12 - Mon 07 May 12: Hammersmith & City: King's Cross St. Pancras to Barking
Sun 06 May 12 - Mon 07 May 12: Metropolitan: Baker Street to Aldgate
Sun 06 May 12 - Mon 07 May 12: Victoria: Service suspended

GodAtum

On Moderation
Looks like good news. I'll be taking the Jubille line to either West Ham or Stratford.

Status
Not open for further replies.