• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Olympic ticket refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

OwlMan

Established Member
Special Instructions have been issued for Olympic ticket refunds

The manual
Special arrangements for 2012 Games Train Ticket refunds

Special arrangements in the case of a 2012 Games event being delayed, postponed or cancelled

The following arrangements have been agreed for 2012 Games Train Ticket holders should a 2012 Games event be delayed, postponed or cancelled.

Effect of delay, postponement or cancellation of a 2012 Games event on train ticket holders

DELAY
(i.e. event starts late/over-runs)

2012 Games Train Tickets and Games Travelcards allow additional flexibility, so no changes to tickets are required.

CANCELLATION of a Games event
- Rail travel NOT undertaken

2012 Games Train Tickets will be refunded, customer should contact National Rail Games Travel call centre – www.nationalrailgamestravel.co.uk, tel: 0844 693 2898*.

Games Travelcards are complimentary, so no refund payable.

CANCELLATION of a Games event
- Rail travel undertaken

As train travel has been undertaken, NO REFUND of 2012 Games Train Tickets is payable.

POSTPONEMENT of current session
(i.e. where an event has started but cannot be completed)
- Rail travel undertaken

Only applies to events at Weymouth, Eton Dorney and Wimbledon – no other events will be postponed.

New rail tickets will need to be purchased for travel to the Games event on the revised date.

Where this is more than one day on advance, 2012 Games Train Tickets can be purchased – www.nationalrailgamestravel.co.uk.

Otherwise the customer will need to purchase rail tickets valid for their journey in the usual way.

Where required, the customer will need to purchase a new Day Travelcard.

POSTPONEMENT of event to a new session
(i.e. where an event is rescheduled before it has commenced)
- Rail travel undertaken

Only applies to events at Weymouth, Eton Dorney and Wimbledon – no other events will be postponed.

New rail tickets will need to be purchased for travel to the Games event on the revised date.

Where this is more than one day on advance, 2012 Games Train Tickets can be purchased – www.nationalrailgamestravel.co.uk.

Otherwise the customer will need to purchase rail tickets valid for their journey in the usual way.

Where required, the customer will need to purchase a new Day Travelcard.

POSTPONEMENT of event to a new session
(i.e. where an event is rescheduled before it has commenced)
- Rail travel NOT undertaken

2012 Games Train Tickets can be refunded or used on the revised date.

Where required, customer should contact National Rail Games Travel call centre for a refund of rail tickets – www.nationalrailgamestravel.co.uk, tel: 0844 693 2898*.

Games Travelcards are complimentary, so no refund payable. Where required, the customer will need to purchase a new Day Travelcard.

* Lines are open 08:00 – 20:00 7 days a week. Calls to these numbers from landlines are charged at the local rate and may be recorded.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dcd

On the subject of games tickets, it says you have to have your spectator ticket with you, but we have collection tickets to be collected at the ticket office so will the email confirming purchase be ok?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.