• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Olympics and railcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halsebee

I have very very cheap advance tickets to London for the Olympics, for the day before and the day after events. bought with F and F railcard.
To travel in London from the terminus to and from my destination, not on day of events, can I use the railcard to buy discounted underground tickets? I wouldn't need Travelcards for single journeys to Zone 3. I'm travelling 2 adults, 2 children.

On another point at what age do children pay to travel on underground, and what do children of age 12 with ZIP Oyster pay?

Finally, can anyone direct me to information about "putting a F and F railcard discount onto a normal Oyster card", which I've heard is possible? If it is possible how does one differentiate on the Oyster card between travelling with discount on occasion when with a child, and occasions when travelling alone?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
You can't put an F&F discount onto an Oyster card for starters.

As it's before 7am I can't manage to remember the rules about getting an F&F discount on paper Travelcards, but you definitely can't get it on paper single underground tickets (and a Travelcard is generally cheaper than a return ticket anyhow).

Children 10 and under travel free on London Underground with an adult and 11-15 Zip card holders also travel free

Last edited:

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
You can't put an F&F discount onto an Oyster card for starters.

As it's before 7am I can't manage to remember the rules about getting an F&F discount on paper Travelcards, but you definitely can't get it on paper single underground tickets (and a Travelcard is generally cheaper than a return ticket anyhow).

Children 10 and under travel free on London Underground with an adult and 11-15 Zip card holders also travel free.

Before 7am really was a problem!;)

Children under 11 are free on TfL priced rail services (LU, DLR, LO, some other TOCs in the London area like C2C Chiltern and FGW), but those aged 11-15 pay child fares. Those aged 5-10 pay without a zip card if unaccompanied. It's only buses where there are no child fares at all.

soil

Established Member
Before 7am really was a problem!;)

Children under 11 are free on TfL priced rail services (LU, DLR, LO, some other TOCs in the London area like C2C Chiltern and FGW), but those aged 11-15 pay child fares. Those aged 5-10 pay without a zip card if unaccompanied. It's only buses where there are no child fares at all.

If you are 11-15 the cash fares are slightly more expensive than Adult Oyster fares for central London, but a Child Day Travelcard is usually the best option. Child Oyster fares are only accessible to those holding a Zip Oyster.

Status
Not open for further replies.