• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

On-board catering updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

mde

LNER managing director David Horne has tweeted this morning to confirm they have restarted a limited hot food service. The menu doesn't appear to be online yet, maybe it'll surface later today?
David Horne @DavidHorne 6:37 AM · Sep 30, 2020

Hot food returns to @LNER! From today, we’ll be offering a selection of hot breakfast rolls and sandwiches in First Class and hot sandwiches and meal deals from our Let’s Eat Cafe Bar. It is not quite what we had prior to lockdown, but it is a bit of normal.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Andy Pacer

Established Member
LNER managing director David Horne has tweeted this morning to confirm they have restarted a limited hot food service. The menu doesn't appear to be online yet, maybe it'll surface later today?
Will be interesting to see what the extent of the first class offering will be.

westv

Established Member
Hot rolls and sandwiches in 1st doesn't sound much of an upgrade to me.

Butts

Veteran Member
Was on Avanti West Coast yesterday from Euston to Sandwell & Dudley in 1st Class with my son.

When the trolley came around there was no Scotch (or any other spirits) - what's the excuse for this as they had wine in bottles ?

Having just come back from Verona on BA Club Europe imbibing copious Singleton 12 Year Old Malts it was a bit of a let down.

AY1975

Established Member
I understand that Avanti West Coast was trialling an online ordering service in Standard Class whereby passengers could order refreshments via the AWC website and have them delivered to their seat, and that they were also testing Click & Collect so passengers could order via the website and then collect from the on-board shop.

Has anyone had any experience of using either of these services?

Butts

Veteran Member
I understand that Avanti West Coast was trialling an online ordering service in Standard Class whereby passengers could order refreshments via the AWC website and have them delivered to their seat, and that they were also testing Click & Collect so passengers could order via the website and then collect from the on-board shop.

Has anyone had any experience of using either of these services?

Excellent idea, should be extended to the freebies in 1st Class :E

Status
Not open for further replies.