• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

On board the 15:17 Four Oaks > Redditch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

4SRKT

Established Member
Nearly everyone who boarded at Aston walked straight into the arms of the waiting RPIs and got busted! London Midland RPIs certainly earning their corn today.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
RPI's on the Cross City?! *faints*

A PF won't matter much sadly as many of them would save far more than the value of the PF

4SRKT

Established Member
RPI's on the Cross City?! *faints*

A PF won't matter much sadly as many of them would save far more than the value of the PF
Listening to the excuses was great fun though :)

Batman

You see RPI's at Sutton Coldfield in sometimes in the morning peak, so they're not complete strangers to the Cross City.

And I've seen them issue PF's on trains on that line before.

50010 Monarch

Good to see LM taking RP seriously but on the whole they rarely seem bothered.

On train ticket checks are certainly the exception rather than the rule in my experience. Another thing I've noticed is that on the rare occasion that ticket checks take place the penalty fare never seems to be enforced.

The cost of such a slack attitude towards ticketless travel must be astronomical.

4SRKT

Established Member
They were certainly enforcing the Penalty fares today! In my coach 4 RPIs busted about 8 people, all on at Aston and all dealt with by New Street. That's £160 in about 8 minutes. Amusingly 3 of them were only travelling to Duddeston, so not only were they spectacularly unlikely to walk directly into the trap, they were kept on until New Street giving false details etc (which were checked by the RPIs), so had to pay to get back to Duddeston as well as get bowled for £20 each.

50010 Monarch

They were certainly enforcing the Penalty fares today! In my coach 4 RPIs busted about 8 people, all on at Aston and all dealt with by New Street. That's £160 in about 8 minutes. Amusingly 3 of them were only travelling to Duddeston, so not only were they spectacularly unlikely to walk directly into the trap, they were kept on until New Street giving false details etc (which were checked by the RPIs), so had to pay to get back to Duddeston as well as get bowled for £20 each.

Glad to hear it!

I just think that LM could do a lot more to catch those who think the railway is free....

Status
Not open for further replies.