• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

One Apus container ship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladder23

Established Member
Hi there I am very uneducated with ships and where they can go etc, but one ship I want to know more about is the Ocean Network Express Apus ship.

Has/ would this ever come to the UK?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
It was at Southampton in October last year. Then it had the stack collapse and has been in Kobe, Japan since December.

Ladder23

Established Member
I guess maybe the thread title was supposed to be ONE Apus Etc...
your right! I never noticed this, that’s the phone, having just typed “apus” to see, it does actually change it! Thanks for highlighting

Ladder23

Established Member
It would appear to have visited Southampton on 11/5/20 as there's a picture of it (attached below and not mine) and also off the IOW on the Marine Traffic website.

Seems it had a bit of an incident last year and lost loads of containers overboard in a storm and is currently back in Kobe Japan.
Pleased to see that it has been to Southampton! I might use the site you mentioned in future to track it’s movements again (once it’s back in action!) and if it’s due there again I may plan a trip to go and see it. I did buy a car from Japan before, I cannot remember the vessel now, but I vaguely remember a website given to me by the importer which gave me updates on the location which was fun at the time to see where my car was! Thanks

It was at Southampton in October last year. Then it had the stack collapse and has been in Kobe, Japan since December.
I have read this evening about the incident, it still seems to be a big on going process I can’t believe that!

I do wonder when this will be resolved!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.