• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

One day travel card (priv)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Things have obviously changed, then. So passengers are now expected to purchase separate tickets for the Underground? I know this is obviously cheaper when using contactless/Oyster, but when did this change?
You may well be right that things may have changed since early days of privatisation. It would help massively if they weren't so complicated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bionic

That's what happens when people dump encyclopedic amounts of information when it's almost entirely irrelevant to the query! Sometimes less is more.

You stated in your first post you have a non-protected Priv. There's a grand total of one discount available for this Priv on Oyster, which is the NR Only discount. If you want it, you must go to one of the ticket offices in that post I linked to and they can do it for you.

I have it on my Oyster card and it is great as it avoids the need to go to a ticket office and allows more flexibility for a lower price.

Thanks everyone. No longer confused!

Status
Not open for further replies.