• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

One Day Travelcard & Boundary Zone rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question and apologies if this has been answered before.

Can I use a One Day Travelcard and a BZ6 - Gerrards Cross ticket to travel on a train that is non-stop between Marylebone and Gerrards Cross? NRCoC rule 19a suggests this is valid with two zonal tickets. As i understand it a Travelcard is zonal, so is BZ6 - GER also zonal? The name of the ticket suggests that it is, but you can't be too sure.....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Quick question and apologies if this has been answered before.

Can I use a One Day Travelcard and a BZ6 - Gerrards Cross ticket to travel on a train that is non-stop between Marylebone and Gerrards Cross? NRCoC rule 19a suggests this is valid with two zonal tickets. As i understand it a Travelcard is zonal, so is BZ6 - GER also zonal? The name of the ticket suggests that it is, but you can't be too sure.....

It is valid, but the reason given is that the BZ ticket is an excess only valid with the travelcard so effectively just one ticket. I guess the key is that you can use the travelcard on it's own within the zonal area, but as soon as you need to exit the zones before the next stop then you require both tickets. Technically you would still need the travelcard if you broke the journey outside the zones.

Status
Not open for further replies.