• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

One Day Travelcards - Manchester to London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Anyone know if there is still availability for a one day return ticket from Manchester to London on Saturday 4th August 2012. This would be on a southbound service from Manchester in the morning and returning from London Euston early evening. Not sure of the exact ticket type (could someone confirm?), but as I recall, it operates like an advance ticket (booked train only) on the outbound VT service, and any VT service the same day on the return train. And you also get a one day travelcard thrown in.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
The ticket type is "Saturday Day Travelcard" (WDT) and I can't see any on that Saturday morning.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
:( Thanks. That's a shame, at £36.70 it would have been good value. Noted that Saturday 4th August 2012 is quite a busy weekend in London, so not surprised all the quota has gone!

Wath Yard

If you can make it to another WCML station you might have more luck. I bought one of these tickets from Preston - Euston for tomorrow at 1PM today. I do have to catch the 05:58 mind.

sonic2009

Established Member
I've just tried :

Liverpool
Preston
Crewe
Stoke-On-Trent

with no availability at all. Could it be possible Virgin have set no quota for the Olympic period?

Status
Not open for further replies.