• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

'one' derailment

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

The 0530 service between Norwich and Cambridge has derailed this morning at Croxton level crossing.

Rail travellers face disruption during the rush hour after a train carrying seven passengers came off the rails at a level crossing in Norfolk.

The derailment happened when the 0530 BST Norwich to Cambridge train operated by One Railway went across the level crossing at Croxton.

A One spokeswoman said no-one was injured in the incident near Thetford and a vehicle was not involved.

There are delays of up to 120 minutes to the service between Norwich and Ely.

Some trains have been cancelled and a bus service is operating between Norwich and Ely.

Central Trains are also affected.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/5337328.stm

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

O L Leigh

Established Member
Chaps,

Nitwit Rail and BTP are investigating why a section of the rubber road decking ended up down the line with the unit, and whether or not it's linked with the report of a driver who claimed he'd damaged his car driving over the same crossing earlier.

At least, that's what seemed to be the situation from the Anglia TV lunchtime news report.

one TN

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It's now a picture of (presumably) the affected unit, a Class 170, and for those who care, the original image can be found here: http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40037000/jpg/_40037876_train203.jpg.

To be honest, it's showing a train operated by the TOC in question, so it should be good enough, it's not quite the same as when the BBC showed a Mk1 EMU in NSE Livery to talk about the Transpennine Express Franchise.

Turbostar

Just looking at the news report on BBC website. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you mean to say that an engineer inspected the crossing friday (assuming they mean last fri?), today is tuesday, and as far as he/she was concerned, nothing was wrong, despite reports from motorists. Could this be another cock up by Network Rail? It looks that way to me.

Mart

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Just looking at the news report on BBC website. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you mean to say that an engineer inspected the crossing friday (assuming they mean last fri?), today is tuesday, and as far as he/she was concerned, nothing was wrong, despite reports from motorists. Could this be another cock up by Network Rail? It looks that way to me.

Mart

Don't automatically assume it's NR's fault. A lot of things could have happened since friday..

Status
Not open for further replies.