• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ONE livery problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonno2055

ONE Anglia
_________

Yesterday I went out for a walk by the railway line (as you do) and over a year into their contract ONE still haven't repainted all of their stock.

As far as I know, only ONE class 90 set is in full ONE livery and many of the trains do not have DVTs on the back of them.

Yesterday infact I saw a train in full anglia livery not including the class 90 which was in ex virgin livery.

There is a unit going aroung in full virgin livery, out on loan. It looks very odd.

Much of the stock is now in ONE livery, when you see a unit come along you can see the one livery on every carraige except the Buffet, ONE do have a problem with putting transfers on buffets.

There is still quite a bit of intercity stock going round on the line too.

Despite this I do belive that all the turbostars have now been put into the correct livery, which does suit them.

One Great Eastern

I think only one unit out of the 321 stock has actually been put into ONE livery, I saw it the other day. Infact the rest of the ONE stock is in the old Great Eastern blue green livery, that suits the 321s. None of the 360 stock has been done, it just goes aroung in First barbie livery, without the first on it.

Other than that, at least ONE aren't waisting money on liveries. It is good to still see the old intercity stock out and about, I going out today so I'llpost some pics on the photo forum thread.

Whats is it like in your area?

(I bet you're all going to complain now)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sturdjos

Jonno2055 said:
ONE Anglia
_________

Yesterday I went out for a walk by the railway line (as you do) and over a year into their contract ONE still haven't repainted all of their stock.

As far as I know, only ONE class 90 set is in full ONE livery and many of the trains do not have DVTs on the back of them.

Yesterday infact I saw a train in full anglia livery not including the class 90 which was in ex virgin livery.

There is a unit going aroung in full virgin livery, out on loan. It looks very odd.

Much of the stock is now in ONE livery, when you see a unit come along you can see the one livery on every carraige except the Buffet, ONE do have a problem with putting transfers on buffets.

There is still quite a bit of intercity stock going round on the line too.

Despite this I do belive that all the turbostars have now been put into the correct livery, which does suit them.

One Great Eastern

I think only one unit out of the 321 stock has actually been put into ONE livery, I saw it the other day. Infact the rest of the ONE stock is in the old Great Eastern blue green livery, that suits the 321s. None of the 360 stock has been done, it just goes aroung in First barbie livery, without the first on it.

Other than that, at least ONE aren't waisting money on liveries. It is good to still see the old intercity stock out and about, I going out today so I'llpost some pics on the photo forum thread.

Whats is it like in your area?

(I bet you're all going to complain now)

The 315s that operate Shenfield > Liverpool Street - most have been put in ONE livery, although there are still some going around in First Great Eastern livery. I've also seen a few cars of 315s going around still in Back The Bid livery, which are nice to see.

Guinness

Established Member
Northern Rail still haven't painted their fleets.. I think they've only just decided what paint they're using...

Dennis

Established Member
Chaz said:
Northern Rail still haven't painted their fleets.. I think they've only just decided what paint they're using...

They should try B&Q cheap emulsion paint, then they can wash it off easily when it's time to change the livery again :mad:

O L Leigh

Established Member
Hi Chaps,

I believe that the repainting of stock is being targetted at present.

So far, those receiving the 'one' livery are the Cl317's, refurbed Cl315's, the mainline sets and DMU's. Other stock will undoubedly get treated in time, but there's no point repainting the Mk2 stock when it's going for the chop before much longer. The Cl360's may get done last, as any repainting may adversely affect any paintwork warranty from Siemens.

Besides, it would take more than a year for any TOC to repaint their entire fleet.

one TN

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Hmm, I saw a Northern unit yesterday which was doing just that kind of smoking, though it wasn't that particular unit. Looked rather dodgy if you ask me.

Jonno2055

Well I suppose the one livery doesn't show up the dirt but the onld intercity coaches do. Being half white and all.

Sturdjos

Was on a 315 tonight, and happened to get on at the 2nd carriage, so i had a good look at the other carriage's liveries.

You had the first couple of carriages in the old First Great Eastern livery (blue and green), then with what I can only think to be half finished ONE liveried coaches.
They had the doors and body done, but without the streaks of colour (yellow and pink?) and also without ONE written on them.

Looked a bit tatty to be honest, to see them half done like that.

Jonno2055

You should see the WAGN units in undercoat but I suppose you have to have that unit out even if you haven't finished the transfers.

Sturdjos

Jonno2055 said:
You should see the WAGN units in undercoat but I suppose you have to have that unit out even if you haven't finished the transfers.

True, I suppose.

There were a couple of refurbed Cl315's in Gidea Park sidings tonight as I passed - looked smart :)

Interestingly, there is a little red blinking light that's above the doors on the refurbed 315s, that blink no matter what, whether the passenger doors are open or not.

Anyone know what these are for?

Joe

[Sorry to drag the thread off topic!]

O L Leigh

Established Member
Joe,

The red lights over the doors are fault lights which either blink or remain steady to advise the fitters that the corresponding set of doors may require attention. However, the doors may still continue to operate normally.

one TN

O L Leigh

Established Member
Sturdjos said:
You had the first couple of carriages in the old First Great Eastern livery (blue and green), then with what I can only think to be half finished ONE liveried coaches.
They had the doors and body done, but without the streaks of colour (yellow and pink?) and also without ONE written on them.

Looked a bit tatty to be honest, to see them half done like that.

Hi Joe,

You sure this wasn't one of the original FGE Cl315 refurbs? These are overall dark blue with cream doors, although I think that there's only a couple like this (the other FGE refurb is still in the "Back the Bid" advertising livery). As far as I'm aware, there are no units out there with a half completed 'one' livery.

one TN

Status
Not open for further replies.