• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ongar Branch sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

TBH I don't think you'll get any good quality, digital sound recording wasn't at its best until around 1999 / 2000. Any sounds would be analogue transferred and the conversions sometimes can be good, but generally not.

Tom B

Established Member
You can get quite decent quality from analouge sound recordings, you just need to be careful.

As for announcements - the stock was 60TS which didn't have any auto announcers. The 92TS did a test run and can still announce Epping, Blake Hall, North Weald and Ongar though.

Dave A

Hmm, I'll see if I can get some for you from a friend who works on the central. :)

T

Tom

Just ask a driver on the W&C to get them up for you. They once said when at Bank, "This is a Waterloo & City Line train to Ongar".

LondonBVE

Don't want to disturb them, i will wait until one month. one month still no news i will use the oringinal one.

Status
Not open for further replies.