• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ongar Branch sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

TBH I don't think you'll get any good quality, digital sound recording wasn't at its best until around 1999 / 2000. Any sounds would be analogue transferred and the conversions sometimes can be good, but generally not.

Tom B

Established Member
You can get quite decent quality from analouge sound recordings, you just need to be careful.

As for announcements - the stock was 60TS which didn't have any auto announcers. The 92TS did a test run and can still announce Epping, Blake Hall, North Weald and Ongar though.

Dave A

Hmm, I'll see if I can get some for you from a friend who works on the central. :)

T

Tom

Just ask a driver on the W&C to get them up for you. They once said when at Bank, "This is a Waterloo & City Line train to Ongar".

LondonBVE

Don't want to disturb them, i will wait until one month. one month still no news i will use the oringinal one.

Status
Not open for further replies.