• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ongoing ScotRail disruption - Day to day discussion and updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Hope it is ok to start this discussion, I notice and support the closing of the original thread on the current situation at ScotRail but thought a day today discussion and updates type channel might be helpful as in some parts of the country it's half term holidays and people might be visiting Scotland and elsewhere people are still working and shopping and visiting friends and relatives and again might find a useful practical everyday discussion as to what is or is not operating helpful

Their social media and doubtless other platforms although I have not checked this afternoon reported that tomorrow, Sunday the 29th of May they are not running an emergency timetable but instead a schedule Sunday timetable with a good number of cancellations

Could we possibly keep this free of politics and unions and all the other issues that got the original thread locked

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GordonT

164 planned cancellations and 57 planned part-cancellations for tomorrow (Sunday 29th May) with an extremely high proportion of these being services through Glasgow Queen Street Low Level or Glasgow Central Low Level.

Last edited:

Gems

Passengers on my train this afternoon asked if they could travel earlier than their advanced ticket allowed by a good 5 hours. When I asked further, they told me they had to travel this morning on the 6am train from Mallaig because every train after that was cancelled.

GordonT

Planned cancellations for Sunday 29th May now escalated to 329 plus 70 part-cancellations.

ScotsRail

Which I think is pretty much what it has been for the last month of Sundays, there isn't an amended Sunday timetable yet so the cancellations are still based around the May-October timetable

PaulMc7

Established Member
50% of our service on the line via Yoker is cancelled so 1 an hour to Balloch. The key thing is though that the entire line is covered by buses so its probably somewhere you can cut without too much damage.

No trains at all from Milngavie though is the big one that sticks out. Yes First run the 60A every 30 mins but that's been one of their most hit services with the bus driver shortages and the X10 is every 2 hours on a Sunday

bluesfromagun

Which I think is pretty much what it has been for the last month of Sundays, there isn't an amended Sunday timetable yet so the cancellations are still based around the May-October timetable
It's almost impossible to do so for Sundays, I'd be very surprised if they ever managed it. Sundays are almost totally inflexible for traincrew, so staffing any altered timetables is challenging to say the least.
It's all because of terms and conditions, Sunday not being part of the working week being the root cause.

Blindtraveler

Established Member
I can't say I'm surprised but this is a situation where in with Sunday's, it's been a monumental task for train planning teams anyway I should think. But let's not go down the route of discussing why Sundays are so challenging please

route101

Established Member
Every 30 min service on East Kilbride branch with two cancellations later.=

hooky3

after hinting last week that additional services could be added after the football on Wednesday, still nothing from Scotrail in regards to this.

Last edited:

Taunton

Established Member
Are there any passengers on the remaining services, or have the travelling public given up?

It's a wonderful way of proving that the railway is not an essential service after all.

Peter0124

Established Member
The one per hour to Balloch from GLC LL yesterday was a standing room only 3 car from when I seen it.

Falcon1200

Established Member
Are there any passengers on the remaining services, or have the travelling public given up?

Observed at Barrhead yesterday;
1055 Kilmarnock-Glasgow C; Quite busy
1103 Glasgow C-Kilmarnock; Very quiet

Most trains on the route ran, with just 2 cancellations each way.

The Neilston branch should have had a near-normal service (better than last week !), however there were several cancellations each way, in a row, in the morning, but these were due to a signalling fault, not Traincrew issues.

Blindtraveler

Established Member
All their social media accounts at cetera today giving out the "plan ahead" message ahead of the game at Hampden on Wednesday. No mention as yet as far as I'm aware of any extra trains, it was suggested at the end of last week that these might materialise so I assume they are either being frantically planned or not happening

Last edited:

ld0595

Looks like a few extra services to Mount Florida on RTT but nothing elsewhere. Last service to Edinburgh is 22.15 which won't work unless you leave the match early. Absolute shambles.

VideozVideoz

Observed at Barrhead yesterday;
1055 Kilmarnock-Glasgow C; Quite busy
1103 Glasgow C-Kilmarnock; Very quiet

Most trains on the route ran, with just 2 cancellations each way.

The Neilston branch should have had a near-normal service (better than last week !), however there were several cancellations each way, in a row, in the morning, but these were due to a signalling fault, not Traincrew issues.
16:30 Sanquhar - Carlisle. Very well loaded. Even more popular with many waiting at Dumfries to get on. This line has a low frequency on a Sunday with the first SB service from Glasgow not leaving until mid-afternoon

Blindtraveler

Established Member
I have a lot of sympathy for users of this route, of which I am occasionally one as parents and friends live in SW Scotland. Having battled 4 years to get their clock face or near clock Face Dumfries to Carlisle shuttles and having had them for a week before this happens. Not to mention the ongoing poor situation on Sundays and and assorted disruptions to Glasgow through services during the week

Bald Rick

Veteran Member

It's a wonderful way of proving that the railway is not an essential service after all.

the rumour is that the are carrying well over 90% of passengers on the reduced service.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
the rumour is that the are carrying well over 90% of passengers on the reduced service.
Every service I was on last week was quite full. Some definitely near the 80% mark possibly a little higher.

(That includes EK, Barrhead, Kilmarnock, Dalmuir, Larkhall and Largs services - those being the workings I travelled on).

Kite159

Veteran Member
The one per hour to Balloch from GLC LL yesterday was a standing room only 3 car from when I seen it.

You would think with the reduced timetable they would try and make sure trains are the longest possible (6 coaches on anything via Partick)

Deltic1961

Yeah they said on Twitter they don't have enough drivers for shunting at depots hence short formations.

Peter0124

Established Member
Cathcart now down to hourly...!
A 42 minute gap for trains at Newton heading west, 0909 via Maxwell Park, 0912 via Rutherglen, 0927 via Rutherglen then nothing till the 1009. :'(

Why didn't they run the 0942 instead of the 0912? Would make it a bit more spaced out.

Status
Not open for further replies.