• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

OPC Assessment rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quin79

Have just withdrawn my MTR Crossrail assessment day that was offered on 31st July after passing the M7 and VSE to their standard. Reason being is I have an assessment date with Southern/GTR on 17th July to which had I not pass, even though I would have only sat the one assessment, by having two applications running at same time it would count as two fails? OPC recommend only having one application running at once and seeing it through to its natural conclusion. So if I don't pass with Southern/GTR and did not withdraw from the MTR process that would have been game over for me as counts as two fails. Doesn't seem right, but this was advice I've been given.

To be honest if I pass the assessment I could envisage the TOC's having a point to delve into in interview I. E why aren't you 100% committed to us if you have applied somewhere else.

Food for thought for others in a similar predicament.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Have just withdrawn my MTR Crossrail assessment day that was offered on 31st July after passing the M7 and VSE to their standard. Reason being is I have an assessment date with Southern/GTR on 17th July to which had I not pass, even though I would have only sat the one assessment, by having two applications running at same time it would count as two fails? OPC recommend only having one application running at once and seeing it through to its natural conclusion. So if I don't pass with Southern/GTR and did not withdraw from the MTR process that would have been game over for me as counts as two fails. Doesn't seem right, but this was advice I've been given.

To be honest if I pass the assessment I could envisage the TOC's having a point to delve into in interview I. E why aren't you 100% committed to us if you have applied somewhere else.

If you failed with GTR on the 17th, it should still only count as one fail, but you’d not be able to take the assessments with another TOC should you (MTR in your case) within 6-months (which may or may not mean you’d have to withdraw from MTR depending on when you’re going to be assessed with them?). Having them open side by side won’t make any difference. I can’t think what the OPC was getting at? Unless again, they’re counting the VSE as part of the process?

Quin79

The VSE and M7 do count as part of the assessment they said. Just didn't want to risk it. Don't intend on failing on 17th but you just never know your luck on the day

I had a similar issue where DB Cargo wanted me to resit all my tests even though I had passes with SWR - the reason being that I hadn't yet done my MMI (and still haven't :|) I decided to turn the opportunity down as I didn't want to risk failing any of the tests which would then negate my passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.