• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

OPC process question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Driver2B

Congratulations on the passes and good luck with the MMI result.

If you, unfortunately, fail the MMI, then if you apply to further companies, it will be their choice whether you just complete the MMI again, or whether you do all of the tests again. From what we've heard on here, GWR seem to insist on all tests being done again.

If you fail the MMI, you will be unable to apply for other trainee driver jobs for 6 months.

When I did the MMI, I felt like I failed, but I passed! So fingers crossed and good luck to you!

Coach Carter

Thanks for that detailed reply @Driver2B , fingers crossed I get the pass mark through, expecting it anytime!

A further question if you don't mind, I'm currently in the application process for a 2nd TOC and have been offered a DMI (date tbc) which would lead onto the OPC day should I pass the DMI. So the question is, if I do fail the MMI I took recently, would that automatically make me ineligible for the other TOC that I'm in the application process with? Meaning the DMI would be withdrawn?

Hope that makes sense!
Yer it would bud, as you would still need to successfully complete an MMI and would be unable to take one for 6 months with the new company due to the fail with current one.
But fingers crossed you will have passed the MMI you just took and then your in a great position with both TOC’s and could get a quick offer if you pass the DMI.
Hope it all comes good mate

Driver2B

Thanks for that detailed reply @Driver2B , fingers crossed I get the pass mark through, expecting it anytime!

A further question if you don't mind, I'm currently in the application process for a 2nd TOC and have been offered a DMI (date tbc) which would lead onto the OPC day should I pass the DMI. So the question is, if I do fail the MMI I took recently, would that automatically make me ineligible for the other TOC that I'm in the application process with? Meaning the DMI would be withdrawn?

Hope that makes sense!

You're very welcome, and I'm glad that another member was able to answer your additional question before I got to it.

As Coach Carter said, if you did fail the MMI you have taken, you would not be eligible to take one within six months, which would usually involve the TOC discarding that application.

Let's hope that you have passed your MMI - it's very easy to come out feeling that you've failed only to be surprised!
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.