OPC test

Discussion in 'Railway Jobs & Careers' started by Rail2012, 7 Apr 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rail2012

Rail2012 Member

Hi I passed my OPC test in 2013 am hearing its 2 years and 5 years before you have to sit it again. I have a interview coming up with merseyrail and just wondered if I am expected to sit this again.

Thanks

Last edited: 7 Apr 2015
  2. OneThirtyEight

OneThirtyEight Member

OPC results are valid 2 years for Guards assessments, 5 years for Drivers assessments; some TOCs have their own limit in place.

3. JCLeeds

JCLeeds Member

onethirtyeight: are you sure OPC driver assesments last 2 years? I will be very happy if so, I thought it was 2 years?

4. plastictaffy

plastictaffy Established Member

I sat the driver tests in February. OPC told me what I had passed was valid for THREE years.

5. Saltire

Saltire Member

I'm with onethirtyeight here - the OPC told me the driver assessments were valid for 5 years but they did add that most TOC's and FOC's would likely only recognise them for 3 years and in addition to that any prospective employer could ask you to redo them at anytime

6. OneThirtyEight

OneThirtyEight Member

I passed the Guard assessment then failed an interview, and was told it was valid for 2 years; I got on as a Guard on my next go. I passed the Driver assessment in November 2014, and was told by the assessor it was valid for 5 years; passed the interview, but was placed on hold. OPC assessor mentioned TOCs can set their own limits.

7. Finfanero

Finfanero Member

With FTPE the Conductor Assessments are valid for 3 years.

8. Rail2012

Rail2012 Member

That's great thanks guys. Am am coming up to 2 years since passed, got a interview in may hoping they mite wave it off so don't have to sit it again.

9. plastictaffy

plastictaffy Established Member

Sorry - apologies. I must have misheard him!! He must have told me that they were valid with GTR (the company that assessed me) for three years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.