• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Opc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metobusfan

If you have passed the opc but fail at the interview stage. Would you have to do it again If you went for another driving role

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cj229202

Hi guys if your an internal employee for example merseyrail at you still required to do the opc test. I am an employee myself and know a few colleagues that haven’t done it but I thought it was a legal requirement.

thanks

Stigy

Established Member
Hi guys if your an internal employee for example merseyrail at you still required to do the opc test. I am an employee myself and know a few colleagues that haven’t done it but I thought it was a legal requirement.

thanks
You will need to do psychometric assessments (the OPC usually carry these out, although some TOCs do them internally), unless you have either already passed them and the results are still current, or you are coming from another driving grade job such as depot driver, where you’d have taken and passed them previously to have got that job. It’s a bit of a minefield, and I know of someone who was a depot driver and had to redo his psychometric assessments, but generally speaking it is as I’ve outlined above.

You don’t necessarily have to do all aspects of the process, as some TOCs/FOCs use enhanced testing practices and extra assessments such as the Visual Search Exercise (VSE), whereas others don’t require these.

Coach Carter

thanks
Someone is telling you porkie pies

Status
Not open for further replies.