• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Open BVE - Birmingham route

Status
Not open for further replies.

E.G.E.Bakker

Hello Everyone
I have the following problem with a red signal turning up after Longbridge station, which does not turn to green .If one drives one, there is a warning and a request to put the emergency brakes on - fair enough. In the distance there is another train stationary. I found that if I pull up and gentle push it and moves on down the track and I can continue the route. Has anyone else encoutered this problem or just me ? Is there something that I have been doing wrong ? Feedback appreciated. This is in no way to critisize the authors of the route, which I think is brilliant, but just something I like to resolve.

Best wishes,
Ed Bakker

Attachments

• 2009-08-24_110739.jpg
    2009-08-24_110739.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 2009-08-24_111013.jpg
    2009-08-24_111013.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 57
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

E.G.E.Bakker

Might just be a late running train that you have to wait for?

Hi
A late running train, yes I can live with that, but if the signal does not change to orange and then green in quarter of an hour or more in this program, I guess that I am a bit concerned.

Cheers,
Ed Bakker
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
You pull up and gently push the train if it doesn't move away? LOL, I like that approach...

Hello Justin
Well , that seemed the only way for me to continue the journey to Birmingham New Street. But obviously there is something wrong with the program and as I said before I cannot put a finger on it myself.

regards,

Ed Bakker

Last edited:

mbonwick

Established Member
Yes, if it's taking more than 15mins to clear there is obviously some problem.
What's the exact diagram/ CSV file please?

E.G.E.Bakker

Yes, if it's taking more than 15mins to clear there is obviously some problem.
What's the exact diagram/ CSV file please?
Good day
Thanks for your response. Refer to the attachment of this message, the first two csv files are effected, I have not as yet tried any night or winter runs.

Cheers from
Oxford New Zealand

Ed Bakker

Attachments

• 2009-08-26_095446.jpg
    2009-08-26_095446.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 35

mbonwick

Established Member
Having run the route, I agree that there is a problem. I will contact the developoer about this.

Fincra5

Established Member
i had that problem on a BVE route in kent. I sat a light for like 10mins and it still didnt change from red (i went on youtube for the duration :D). eventually i got bored and went passed it and the next signal is green.

E.G.E.Bakker

i had that problem on a BVE route in kent. I sat a light for like 10mins and it still didnt change from red (i went on youtube for the duration :D). eventually i got bored and went passed it and the next signal is green.

Hello Fincra5
Yes I remember that problem. I think I had a discussion on the forum about the lack of a timetable on that line as I recall. But I think it is good that once one has observed a red signal it turns to yellow or green without too much waiting time.
I look forward to further feedback on the problem on open BVE with the Birmingham x City South route.

Best wishes,
Ed Bakker

mbonwick

Established Member
Gosh, I completely forgot!

However, the reason I forgot was because on anoter thread just a few days after, someone reported the same problem with a different route. In that case, the developer is a regular contributer and was able to tell us exactly what the problem was.

Now, I can't remember what the problem was :oops:, but I'll be looking at the route file to try and remind myself.

EDIT
Hmm...just run those routes on the latest version of oBVE...and the problem doesn't seem to be there any more.

EDIT 2:
The folder Bham_X_City_South is for BVE2, it is advised to run the BVE4 files in oBVE.

Last edited:
It makes for a good simulation of a signal fault though where the signal is stuck at a danger aspect, and all trains will have to pass signal at danger!

E.G.E.Bakker

Gosh, I completely forgot!

However, the reason I forgot was because on anoter thread just a few days after, someone reported the same problem with a different route. In that case, the developer is a regular contributer and was able to tell us exactly what the problem was.

Now, I can't remember what the problem was :oops:, but I'll be looking at the route file to try and remind myself.

EDIT
Hmm...just run those routes on the latest version of oBVE...and the problem doesn't seem to be there any more.

EDIT 2:
The folder Bham_X_City_South is for BVE2, it is advised to run the BVE4 files in oBVE.

My friend !

Any progress with this issue in open BVE, red light NOT changing, one can only push the train ahead by gently pushing it with your train :D

Cheers,

Ed Bakker

mbonwick

Established Member
Well with the latest version of oBVE, I no longer get the problem. So it's fair to assume it was an oBVE code bug [or similar]

Also, I'd recommend you use the files from the other route folder which are designed for BVE4 and so offer better detail, compatability etc.

E.G.E.Bakker

Well with the latest version of oBVE, I no longer get the problem. So it's fair to assume it was an oBVE code bug [or similar]

Also, I'd recommend you use the files from the other route folder which are designed for BVE4 and so offer better detail, compatability etc.

Hello Michael
Thanks very much for your comments. Tell me, if one downloads the latest version of open BVE, does one load over the old one ? Does one have to reload the dependency files again? You might be able to give me a quick answer on that and then I can follow your advice.

Cheers,
Ed Bakker - down under

skydo

I always copy the new version over the old version. I may save the zip files for the previous 1 or 2 updates, but I have never had to go back. I rename the old files with the version number (such as openbve111) so I can keep up with what I have. Michelle has told us when to do a clean install, I only remember one time.

Skydo

mbonwick

Established Member
All I do is download the new version, and copy the files from the zip over the old ones in my oBVE directory.

The dependencies do not need to be redownloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.