• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Open BVE Still Available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedpan

Established Member
Having been away from BVE for a couple of years (since my computer hard drive broke) I thought I'd re-download it but I can't find it anywhere. The official home page says "Server not found". Does anybody know if this is a temporary issue or is it now gone for good? (Although I see that there was a Network West Midlands update around last Christmas). If it is no longer available, is there anything ales that anybody can recommend. I nought the first Microsoft Train Simulator when it came out (2002?) and it was so absolutely unrealistic what with dodgy track layouts, unrealistic sounds and braking distances that would be more appropriate for a car, that I've been put off buying anything blindly.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jp4712

If you're looking for a decent simulator, I recommend Train Simulator 2015. It has come on leaps and bounds in the last few years, and is definitely worth it if you have a decent PC that can cope with the nice graphics.

Wim G.P.R

Well that's a link above to the version of Open Bve I use.

But I feel I should point out that there's a bit more to my site than there was two years ago!

https://sites.google.com/a/bve4trains.com/bve4trains/

Also the Network West Midlands is route is again available and still being updated.

http://www.trainsimstuff.org/home

Then there's a couple of other points about the work above, it's all free and still rather more realistic than Train Simulator!

That you pay for....

Bedpan

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. Yes, NWM is the main (if not only) reason that I would have been disappointed ifv open BVE was no longer available - its absolutely awesome for a free product, and the Birmingham Cross City South route from railsimroutes isn't far behind - although my recollection is that nothing else moves on that one. I'll try the site you suggested - I always worry about downloading things blindly in case I get a load of malware with it.

As for Train Simulator 2015 - I'll keep an eye out for it - can you still buy it in shops or do you have buy it on line and to download it, and if the latter, i it fairly straightforward? (Sorry to sound like a dinosaur). .

Status
Not open for further replies.