• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Open Data Train Timetable Websites

Which is your favourte Open Data site?

• Open Train Times

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Trains.im

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Timetables

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Timetables 2

Votes: 42 44.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
Where is it picking up locations from that are never going to be used for timing and calculating WTT times that don't exist ? I'm looking at a Northampton - New St train and it is showing locations such at International South and International North Jn.

It reminds me of the format of the output from the old CORE (Clive's Online Routeing Engine) - it used to contain an extreme amount of location detail in its descriptions of permitted routes. Perhaps the data is from the same source, or was scraped from there?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom

It reminds me of the format of the output from the old CORE (Clive's Online Routeing Engine) - it used to contain an extreme amount of location detail in its descriptions of permitted routes. Perhaps the data is from the same source, or was scraped from there?

I can't speak for CORE, but the data in RMME was done by hand over a period over 3 months - mostly from the sectional appendix. CORE never used to include every intermediate station/junction either, normally primary junctions/routeing points.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
Ahhh that explains it then. The Sectional Appendix does indeed contain lots of locations that aren't used as timing points in schedules - and I guess it's likely it was CORE's source too.

SprinterMan

Established Member
All has changed it seems:

Open Train Times has undergone a major redesign.
Timetables & Timetables 2 have been merged into http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/
Trains.im doesn't seem to exist anymore.
Headcodes.info is still going but it's data is from before the September 15th timetable change.

Adam :D

Poggs

Yup, and I'm also adding junctions and sidings in to OpenStreetMap so the data will be available for everyone to use.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
How strange..

I'm still getting the usual "Internet Explorer can not display the webpage" error..
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I can now get on to the homepage, but when you type a station into the search box, it crashes. :cry:

bolli

How strange..

I'm still getting the usual "Internet Explorer can not display the webpage" error..
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I can now get on to the homepage, but when you type a station into the search box, it crashes. :cry:

Sorry, but the basic (and somewhat sensible) answer is to not to use Internet Explorer. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.