• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Open Return Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connarhea

I was wondering if this is the type of ticket I would buy if I was wishing to return on a different day from my departure, I am travelling from St Helens Central to Leeds today and wont be coming home til at least Wednesday.

Can someone help because the national rail website really doesn't clear things like this up

Thanks in advance

Connar

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
An Off-peak return is available, either route Not Preston/Liverpool, priced at £21.60, or Any Permitted at £30.40. The only restriction is that you can't arrive at Leeds before 09.30. The outward portion has to be used the same day, the return is valid for up to 1 month (so if you bought it today you would have to travel today, but could return any time up to and including 28 FBY).

If you have a Railcard, the discount is also available.

Connarhea

Thank you so much Mojo :D I thought I could use it for a month but I was wondering why an open return would be cheaper than a day return (which is about £24)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Be careful though, you want an Off-peak return, not an Off-peak day return.

tony_mac

Established Member
Both can be routed 'Not Preston/Liverpool' or 'Any Permitted'.

A 'Not Preston/Liverpool' day return is £19.20 - this is cheaper than the off-peak return mentioned valid on the same route.

The £24 day return is 'Any permitted', which is why it costs more, you can choose to go through Preston or Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.