• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Open train times

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakerstreet

Sorry if this has already been posted.

I have been using opentraintimes (www.opentraintimes.com/) but this other site (trains.im) I find easier to use - particularly finding calling points.

It may be just me though !

Here is the Guardian website article...

Again sorry if it's already been posted.

m.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/apr/02/rail-timetable-open-data?cat=news&type=article

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

wintonian

Established Member
If only it could tell you what stock is running, the catering availability and how many coaches then It would be sort of perfect. :)

bakerstreet

If only it could tell you what stock is running, the catering availability and how many coaches then It would be sort of perfect. :)

I didn't think it did too badly actually!

No coaches or traon stock but this is this morning's Marylebone listing - it just doesn't tell you the Driver's name - although I know someone on here will surely know!

trains.im said:
1G22: London Marylebone – Birmingham Snow
Hill

Sunday 15 April 2012

Operated by Chiltern Railways (CH)

Diesel multiple unit

Standard class

Seat reservations available

Driver only operated

Arrival

Departure London Marylebone (MYB) 6

Established Member
It also knows EMT and XC HSTs

It knows timing type - but there is no actual link between timing type and diagrammed stock in the system. In many cases the timing type will reflect booked traction, but it certainly isn't foolproof and should be taken under advisement! As an example, c2c can have up to three timing types shown for a weekday and they only have a single fleet...

CC 72100

Established Member
I does know which are the HST's, in FGW land at least.

So do the FGW timetables, although they don't take into account those diagrams which are HST one day of the week, voyagers every other day, but hey, I'm sure the average passanger isn't too worried about that ;)

wintonian

Established Member
So do the FGW timetables, although they don't take into account those diagrams which are HST one day of the week, voyagers every other day, but hey, I'm sure the average passanger isn't too worried about that ;)

Yet the creator hasn't got round to telling us about all the frequently changing stock on the Island Line yet. :p

D1009

Established Member

I'm glad I'm not an average passenger then.

Last edited:

Poggs

I have been using opentraintimes (www.opentraintimes.com/) but this other site (trains.im) I find easier to use - particularly finding calling points.

It may be just me though!

The sites look very similar - I wonder where Ian Shortman took his front page design from? Oh, wait, I know the answer to that!

If you drop me an email - [email protected] - I'm more than happy to listen to any suggestions you have as to how I can make the site better suited to what you're trying to do with it.

bnm

Established Member
The sites look very similar - I wonder where Ian Shortman took his front page design from? Oh, wait, I know the answer to that!

Both look like pretty generic WordPress themes to me.

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
Both look like pretty generic WordPress themes to me.

All the train times sites (times.im, traintimes.im, and opentraintimes.com) use Twitter's Bootstrap, a CSS Library for web applications. CSS basically styles everything which is why they all look similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.