• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Operation BIG

What weekend{s} would you be able for work at Coventry?

• 7&8 October

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 14&15 October

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 21&22 October

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 28&29 October

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSlash

Established Member
Alright gang,

I was recently talking with Graeme and he asked me to organise a massive work party for a big push to release the BIG buffet car at Coventry, which is intended for the Great Central {hence the cross posting}
Network Rail have rostered me off for every weekend in October, which i think is a perfect opportunity to get into Coventry and get the work done.

Frequently asked questions

What do i need? Clothes that you can get dirty {oil, mud etc} and ideally safety footwear {steel toe caps}

I don't drive? If you are willing to come along and help out, we can arrange a lift from Coventry railway station, or possibly even further afield depending on where you live

I've never done trackwork before, what use can i be? Trackwork is pretty simple, there'll be plently of experienced people to direct proceedings and most importantly, to make sure everyone has fun!!! We'll need people to drive dumper trucks and the JCB aswell, so it won't be all lifting and carrying.

I can only do one day? Thats ok, in the poll, select the weekend that day falls on, then make a post saying which of the 2 days you are available

I'd have to come long distance, can i stay over? Some volunteers choose to sleep on the trains overnight, but this time of the year, there is a very good B&B in town, i'll get Graeme to post the details

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

paul1609

Established Member
First two weekends Im available both days. Third weekend not available, Fourth weekend possibly one day. Awaiting your instructions, Boss

Coxster

Established Member
I'd be up for any of these dates and going up Coventry again. Possible pick-up at Basingstoke as usual possible?

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Ooh, something to do...

Hmm, I'm definately not available on the 21st/22nd, so far otherwise I'm not booked to do anything but the diversions via Galton Curve.

Let us know the preferred dates and I can work around it. I could do with some upper body strength use!

TheSlash

Established Member
Well personally 21/22 would be my preferred weekend, next weekend isn't really good as i forgot i said i'd go a drink with a few mates in Peterborough

TheSlash

Established Member
We're probably gonna do some work this weekend coming 14/15 aswell, but i think i'll just go for the day on the Sunday rather than a whole weekend.

Coxster

Established Member
We're probably gonna do some work this weekend coming 14/15 aswell, but i think i'll just go for the day on the Sunday rather than a whole weekend.
I cant make either of those days but can still make 21/22 and/or 28/29.

Status
Not open for further replies.