• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

'Operational Incident' wording after major incidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clansman

Established Member
Just a thought I had. After crashes like the Grayrigg derailment, and Potters Bar, what are passengers told at upcoming stations? As a driver on the railway, I assume it would come under "Operational Incident"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
Just a thought I had. After crashes like the Grayrigg derailment, and Potters Bar, what are passengers told at upcoming stations? As a driver on the railway, I assume it would come under "Operational Incident"?
It happens so infrequently I don't think there's any commonly agreed phrasing. "Cancelled due to an incident." would be most likely.

Clansman

Established Member
It happens so infrequently I don't think there's any commonly agreed phrasing. "Cancelled due to an incident." would be most likely.

That's what I would assume. You answered so quickly I tried to delete the thread, found out on another thread. But ye I can only imagine the chaos at stations after Potters bar and Grayrigg, not to mention Southall.

Saint66

That's what I would assume. You answered so quickly I tried to delete the thread, found out on another thread. But ye I can only imagine the chaos at stations after Potters bar and Grayrigg, not to mention Southall.

Do you have a link to that thread? :)

bengley

Established Member
Normally a derailment is announced as 'a derailment' so I expect that would be used

Status
Not open for further replies.