• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Operative (off track)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello,

Got my start date in with Network Rail as an operative in off track. Can anyone give me an idea of some of the training they will put you through first?

cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

J3053B

PTS, DC/AC Lines, First aid and then it will just be a matter of getting your tickets. Handheld tools, chainsaw etc.

Off track is a very cushy gig one of the best jobs on the whole of the railway!

Ex off track now a guard!

PTS, DC/AC Lines, First aid and then it will just be a matter of getting your tickets. Handheld tools, chainsaw etc.

magic! Cheers for that.

KMn

Hello,

I’ve been given off-track as my pathway on the apprenticeship next year and there doesn’t seem to be as much information around as for the other pathways.

Would you mind going into more detail about tickets to get/what sort of plant will be used. What are the opportunities for progression after qualifying?

I know it involves vegetation, boundaries, drainage etc but really interested to know more specifics and why it’s so cushy if you’ve got the time

Status
Not open for further replies.