• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Opinions and questions regarding Renatus 321s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Railperf

Established Member
It was stated as 'brand new' so must be a 745/755. Surely nobody of any intelligence could confuse it even with a Renatus 321? Hang on though, even some of the seasoned commuters have had difficulty with such simplistic things :o
The Renatus units are very clean and bright on board of course..i can understand people mistaking them for new..

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bikeman78

Established Member
The Renatus units are very clean and bright on board of course..i can understand people mistaking them for new..
The Renatus 321s are garbage! Congrats to whoever actually managed to make a mediocre design worse. What have they done to the suspension? Nearly had me off my feet near Hatfield Peveral.

Railperf

Established Member
The Renatus 321s are garbage! Congrats to whoever actually managed to make a mediocre design worse. What have they done to the suspension? Nearly had me off my feet near Hatfield Peveral.
As a passenger I find them cleaner and more like a 'new' train - despite a sight worsening in ride quality. But the majority of blame for poor ride had to be pointed at Network Rail. The Renatus units run fine on good tracks.

In contrast the original units are tired and in a terrible state. The 745's and 720's really cannot come soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.