• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Optare Metroriders Double Querie

Status
Not open for further replies.

VTPreston_Tez

Are there any left in operation or preservation? They used to be my main bus and I really miss them.

Secondly, does anyone have any pictures of Metroriders (or even Solos) that say '29' or '30' on the front operating with Preston Bus? They no longer operate and I would like to see them again.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rownd

Are there any left in operation or preservation? They used to be my main bus and I really miss them.

Classic Bus NW in Blackpool have former Blackpool Transport P502UFR. It's supposedly the spare bus, but it's been out fairly frequently of late on route 22.

Peoplesbus in Liverpool had a couple of ex-Preston examples back when I lived there about four years back, usually used on the Hightown runs. They might still have them - they're quite enthusiast friendly so a phone call or email would answer that.

OMGitsDAVE

There used to be a whole fleet in Stockton-on-Tees, used for the 7 to Yarm usually. Absolutely awful buses - boneshakers!

Not sure if there's still any left there, mind.

CC 72100

Established Member

Secondly, does anyone have any pictures of Metroriders (or even Solos) that say '29' or '30' on the front operating with Preston Bus? They no longer operate and I would like to see them again.

My school bus would occasionally be an Optare Metrorider - F160 FWY or something like that I seem to remember. http://www.flickr.com/photos/27379847@N06/5635224251/

Oh sorry, that's actually an Optare StarRider being driven by one (well what used to be) of our normal school bus drivers, we called him 'Shades man' 8-)

martinsh

Established Member
Are there any Metroriders left in operation or preservation? They used to be my main bus and I really miss them.

You're in luck. To see a Metrorider in service you need go no further than Blackpool. I saw one today with Classic Bus North West running service 22 to Mereside - unfortunately I can't find out anything else about this route , and the Classic Bus website doesn't mention it.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
We used to have a whole fleet around here with RoadCar, plus some ex-West Midlands examples with Dunn-Line (later Veolia). I always preffered them to the Veolia Mercedes Varios and Optare StarRiders (on the Merc 811D chassis - both RoadCar and Veolia having some). I believe all were scrapped on leaving service.

bluegoblin7

Established Member
You're in luck. To see a Metrorider in service you need go no further than Blackpool. I saw one today with Classic Bus North West running service 22 to Mereside - unfortunately I can't find out anything else about this route , and the Classic Bus website doesn't mention it.

http://www.catch22bus.co.uk

The service is nominally run with low-floor second-hand Dennis Darts, the Metrorider being a 'spare' bus when others are unavailable - it also appears on SeaFront 12 from time to time.

See also http://railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=71732 where some comment has been passed by the LTT, who are connected with CBNW.

Jack

martinsh

Established Member
the latest issue of Route One magazine has a feature on Compass Buses in Worthuing, and states that they still have two Metroriders in use (though not for long).

Also a feature on the CVE Omni that is still running for Empress Coaches !!

martinsh

Established Member
GHA still have at least one Metrorider - see photo taken a few weeks ago in Nantwich. Was being used as a staff bus at the time, but I'm sure their operations manager will put it on service for you if you ask nicely !!

Attachments

• R627SJM3.jpg
    R627SJM3.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 31
Status
Not open for further replies.