• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Orion Rail Ops Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there all!

As many of you are likely aware, paths are in place on real time trains already for Orion's parcels Operations, specifically paths from Mossend Down Yard - Nuneaton , and Nuneaton to Hams Hall in the wee hours.

For the first time (as far as I'm concerned) one of these paths has been activated. Now I have no doubt in my mind, this will not run.

But it got me thinking - when , if at all soon, will the Hams Hall - Mossend parcel Operations commence? A date has been floated, 31st of May, by a well connected person I know, but if anyone else has any gen then that would be appreciated. Thanks.

A simple "no" will suffice if not

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

warwickshire

On Moderation
Hi there all!

As many of you are likely aware, paths are in place on real time trains already for Orion's parcels Operations, specifically paths from Mossend Down Yard - Nuneaton , and Nuneaton to Hams Hall in the wee hours.

For the first time (as far as I'm concerned) one of these paths has been activated. Now I have no doubt in my mind, this will not run.

But it got me thinking - when , if at all soon, will the Hams Hall - Mossend parcel Operations commence? A date has been floated, 31st of May, by a well connected person I know, but if anyone else has any gen then that would be appreciated. Thanks.
Two weeks ago just a 769 rail operations group 769 was towed from eastleigh to loughborough for final modifications.
However looking like that one might be the first. However unless rail operations group have any finished other than that one I don't know.
Also then again has any rail operations group drivers been traction trained on them etc.
Most likely the rail operations group 769 at loughborough will be the first 769 to be used on that service.
However it will be interesting to see how reliable they are and what does happen iff they fail in service and the job stops and what arrangements rail operations group have.

Two weeks ago just a 769 rail operations group 769 was towed from eastleigh to loughborough for final modifications.
However looking like that one might be the first. However unless rail operations group have any finished other than that one I don't know.
Also then again has any rail operations group drivers been traction trained on them etc.
Most likely the rail operations group 769 at loughborough will be the first 769 to be used on that service.
However it will be interesting to see how reliable they are and what does happen iff they fail in service and the job stops and what arrangements rail operations group have.
Very true about reliability. Northern's fleet have been flakey at best thus far, and Orion wouldn't exactly have any to spare, at least not at first. However as ROG is ROG, they have no shortage of locomotives available, I could see the parcels units being dragged in the event of a failure, and still completing their duties. 57s on that of course. Cheer for the gen mate

Status
Not open for further replies.