• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Our very own farmer...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheSlash

Established Member
SERA01UK said:
You should have been there today lads, not only the dumper truck but the tractor and JCB were in action - Clag City !!
Railuk, introducing Mr Graeme Gleaves, chairman of the Coventry railway centre.

metrocammel

SERA01UK said:
You should have been there today lads, not only the dumper truck but the tractor and JCB were in action - Clag City !!

My Lordz Dreadful!!!

Anyway, welcome to Rail UK Graeme, and hope to see you soon down Cov.

James.

Coxster

Established Member
feltham2104 said:
Hi Graeme. Is it ok if i pay my membership next time im up?
Same, easier doing it cash in hand rather than letting Royal Mail take care of it ;) I should be up 4/5 February anyway.

Check the meets section for the next 'RailUK' visit. It's well worth going up there. The guys make you feel at home within 5 mins - a good laugh too!

Coxster

Established Member
Here's an arial view of 'Farmer Palmer''s residence (thanks to Google Earth).

CoventryRailwayCentre.jpg

class 313

Established Member
Coxster said:
Here's an arial view of 'Farmer Palmer''s residence (thanks to Google Earth).

CoventryRailwayCentre.jpg

i belive the aircraft on the right, the top one is a vulcan bomber, great bomber :D

Jim

Established Member
I still remember Cotswold HST meet. You were bullying me in to saying ooo-arr :lol: ;)

Coxster

Established Member
This topic has been cleaned and restarted. I can only apologise for what it turned into and I hope it can be kept as a bit of fun as from now on - COXSTER

Feel free to continue on with this thread...

metrocammel

oh god knows, it was pretty ancient though, as you had to crank it up on the front (like with v. old cars) It must of been 30 - 40 years old (?) but it was surprisingly easy to drive / control, and went at a fair lickety spit (as you can see on the vid! - but the clag could be likend to that of a 37, and the noise probably an unheathy "chopper")

And Jim - I was flailing!!!!

Established Member
metrocammel said:
oh god knows, it was pretty ancient though, as you had to crank it up on the front (like with v. old cars) It must of been 30 - 40 years old (?) but it was surprisingly easy to drive / control, and went at a fair lickety spit (as you can see on the vid! - but the clag could be likend to that of a 37, and the noise probably an unheathy "chopper")

And Jim - I was flailing!!!!

Don't you mean an extremly ill Chopper. i wimped out of driving as i have a phobia of petrol driven things believe it or not. ask me if you want the full story.

Coxster

Established Member
feltham2104 said:
i have a phobia of petrol driven things believe it or not. ask me if you want the full story.
Can't I just tell the world on here... ;) :lol:

TheSlash

Established Member
I drive cars, vans and anything else with wheels but i couldn't keep that dumper in a straight line, but James could :shock:

Established Member
TheSlash said:
I drive cars, vans and anything else with wheels but i couldn't keep that dumper in a straight line, but James could :shock:

Hes a true FARMER thats why.

i hate petrol driven thing because i had a nasty acceident on a miniature railway where i was top and tailing a Pway train and the coupling rod nut on the 08 thing i was driving wound lose and came off thus meaning the coupling rod fell off the whole thing tipped over and i was trapped underneath it. The firebeagde turned up so did the amblulance but it was no good as they couldnt actually get any equitment there to left it so they had to get about 6 or 7 people to left it off. it b****y hurt. and even since then i have never driven any miniature steam loco that is petrol driven. the owner of the loco (my god father) is trying to get me to drive the engine again im think about it but im not to sure. Hence the reason why i didnt want to drive the dumper at Coventry.

Status
Not open for further replies.