• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Out of kilter

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HR2

It annoys me that Wages, salaries and benefits are paid on a 4 weekly basis [different day each month 13 paydays a year] but banks , building societies and companies will only accept payments by direct debit on a monthly basis [same day each month 12 days per year].

So you often go into the red without intention because they've taken their payments before your cash has gone in. Why the hell can't they co-ordinate the two? :confused:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theblackwatch

Established Member
Count yourself lucky, I only get paid 12 times a year on the last working day of the month! A 13th payment would be very useful!! :)

H

HR2

theblackwatch said:
Count yourself lucky, I only get paid 12 times a year on the last working day of the month! A 13th payment would be very useful!! :)

Doesn't make any differnece really BW. 12 OR 13 , the annual total is the same. So you'd be no better off.

ChrisM

I get payed monthly but the wife gets payed every 4 weeks so it's something you just get used too.

traveller1030

The quick answer is the systems employed cannot support it, since the batch runs of DD's and the like are driven by 'debit/credit on day n' cycles that don't change unless someone inputs it into the system. What could get around the problem at the bank's end is employing some kind of batch script to interchange data with what was known when I worked in the biz as the 'EDI file' (still is I think, EDI standing for Electronic Data Interchange), so that the date of debit is changed relative to the account holder's pay cycle/other reasons, but since that is an awful lot of work for many millions of accounts don't hold your breath. Blame the Gregorian Calendar if I'm completely honest - you'd be alright in Saudi!!! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.