• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Outboundary Travelcard & Time Restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brucey

If I were to buy a Zones 1-6 travelcard from Bletchley, it would have restriction code LW.

Out
By any train scheduled to arrive at London Terminals or Kensington Olympia*Mondays-Fridays at or after 10:00
Also not valid on any train departing London Terminals*Mondays-Fridays between 16:45 and 19:00 inclusive.

Return
By any train except not valid on trains departing London Terminals*Mondays-Fridays between 16:45 and 19:00 inclusive.

As Kensington Olympia isn't a London Terminal, I assume this would be valid all the way from Kenny Olympia to Bletchley on one of Southern's services in the evening peak?

Also, how would restriction LW be treated within the London Fare Zones during the evening peak? E.g., if I boarded a train to East Croydon at Victoria at 17:00, would this be invalid?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

34D

Established Member
As Kensington Olympia isn't a London Terminal, I assume this would be valid all the way from Kenny Olympia to Bletchley on one of Southern's services in the evening peak?

Also, how would restriction LW be treated within the London Fare Zones during the evening peak? E.g., if I boarded a train to East Croydon at Victoria at 17:00, would this be invalid?

I'd agree with you.

Also, you could leave Euston on an LM or LO train during the afternoon peak AND ALIGHT HARROW & WEALDSTONE and wait for the Southern service there.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
If I were to buy a Zones 1-6 travelcard from Bletchley, it would have restriction code LW.

So long as you're within the travelcard area there is no evening peak.

causton

Established Member
Just to recap, within the Travelcard zones:

An off-peak Travelcard is valid on any service after 0930.
A card which has capped at the Travelcard rate will not charge extra within those zones after 0930 on any service.
However peak *single* fares apply on Oyster in the evening* between 1600-1900.

This is the same on every single service in the Travelcard area when using a Travelcard/Oyster.

*if you travel from zones 2-9 INTO zone 1, you will be charged off-peak fares.

FCC services are no different out of KGX/MOG, no matter what any staff may believe ;)

Brucey

Thanks, that's all good.

The Kensington Olympia part of things seems to be a great way of avoiding the evening peak. Considering I'll be in Victoria around 4pm, it'll save having to get the tube, I'll just go to Clapham Junction instead.

calc7

Established Member
Bletchley - London Zones 1-6 Off-Peak Day Travelcard £20.00

London Zones 1-6 Off-Peak Day Travelcard £8.50
Bletchley to Boundary Zone 6 Off-Peak Day Return £13.60 restriction C4: arrive London Terminals/Kensington (Olympia) after 10.00, return by any train.
So the total for this is £22.10 but is useful if you want a much quicker return journey on one of the faster LM trains from Euston that stops at LBZ then BLY.

Brucey

Time on the return (except anything too excessive) isn't really an issue so I'll just go for the outboundary Travelcard.

Status
Not open for further replies.