• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

over distance excees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clip

Established Member
I'm on me phone so I can't check anywhere but is it possible someone can find out the price of an over distance excess for me.

The journey is the return half of an off peak stratford international to margate and a return half of the same journey but with a priv.

We want to go to St Pancras instead of ending at Sratford international.

Thanks in advance

Clip

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Stratford to Margate off peak Return (SVR) is £37 routed +HighSpeed

St Pancras to Margate off peak Return (SVR) is £31.50 routed NOT HS1. There are three High speed upgrades priced £4.90, £5.20 and £5.50 which may need to be added but bizarrely it comes out the same price or less! Maybe a more experienced fares advisor could confirm if it is a Zero fare excess to ask for in this case or whether an excess is possible at all!

With a PRIV card, the SOR is £18.55 between Stratford and Margate and £8.70 for an SDR (No SOR available on this flow) between St Pancras and Margate. It is also unclear whether the HS upgrades get PRIV discount and whether you could actually excess the PRIV ticket you hold in this case!

One thing I have assumed is that you are using SOR or SVR tickets rather than day returns, which you have not mentioned in the OP so apologies if this is wrong.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Off-Peak Day Rtn = 10p if bought before boarding a train (unless Margate has no open ticket office), £5.70 if not. (using figures from NRES)

Priv Anytime Day Rtn = upto 5p I think if bought before boarding a train (unless Margate has no open ticket office), or £1.40 if not. (using figures from NRES and mental arithmatic)

Though it will depend a little on staff knowledge.

Last edited:

Clip

Established Member
Off-Peak Day Rtn = 10p if bought before boarding a train (unless Margate has no open ticket office), £5.70 if not. (using figures from NRES)

Priv Anytime Day Rtn = upto 5p I think if bought before boarding a train (unless Margate has no open ticket office), or £1.40 if not. (using figures from NRES and mental arithmatic)

Cheers HHF
Normally they are quite good at margate station so let's hope they are on the ball for this one.
Clip

Oscar

Fares Advisor

Where did you get these figures from? The St Pancras - Margate SVR and SOR tickets (any of the routes) are cheaper than the Stratford International - Margate SVR and SOR tickets as far as I can see so surely the excess should be a zero excess.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
If you are talking about Off-Peak Return (SVR) and Anytime Return (SOR) then yes Stratford is more expensive than St Pancras, thus it would be a zero fare excess before boarding a train.

If you read my post it says Off-Peak Day Return (meaning CDR or similar) or Anytime Day Return (meaning SDR) which are more expensive for St Pancras than Stratford apparently.

However the after boarding figure is the same regardless as it is an Anytime Single (SOS/SDS).

The figures, as noted, are from NRES.

Oscar

Fares Advisor
Sorry - I didn't notice the "Day" bit. Urban Gateline had discussed the Off-Peak Return (SVR) and Anytime Return (SOR) fares and I did not notice that you were looking into something different. I presume that that the "Day" fares are what the OP wants given the reply.

Clip

Established Member
Just for clarity it was the regular monthly off peak return and mine was the priv anytime return too.

Thanks

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just for clarity it was the regular monthly off peak return and mine was the priv anytime return too.

Thanks

Just to clear this one up it was indeed a zero excess on both tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.