• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overcharged by the Ticket office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
This morning I went into Birmingham New St ticket office and asked for a single to Lancaster (with PRIV discount) and was sold and Any time Single on Bog Roll stock for £14.50. At the time I didn't think anymore of it but on looking later on I noticed the Off Peak Single for £8.75 would have been valid on The 0615 train I intended to take.

So am I right in thinking I need to contact VTWC Customer relations to request the difference back? And should the Booking office be offering the Anytime Single when the Off Peak Single is valid?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clip

Established Member
Theyre probably under the false impression that anything before 0930 is peak ticket time.

write to them and enclose the evidence and theyll probably contest it but then refund you.

Established Member
Looks like i was actually looking at the Saver Half fare. I wish they'd stop including that on Brfares....

Status
Not open for further replies.