• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

overcrowding on the Oakham Leicester XC

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsmr

Decided to take the 10:20 from Oakham into Leicester with my 12 year old today to the cinema. And despite the Stansted service having 4 coaches, it was rammed to the point that some folks didn’t bother getting on and it was even worse at Melton where more were left behind. Even had folks standing in the small first class section :roll:
poor train manageress/ guard or whatever they are called now apologised numerous times on the tannoy saying it must be the school holidays!!
Leicester platform was rammed when we pulled in and thankfully we got off
I have been on tube trains with more personal space than that
won’t have sold any snacks etc. and she couldn’t get to check tickets
Is this a sign of folks giving up cars now then, if it is then XC will need to double their service to Leicester to a half hour service if they want to keep the business because for 15 pounds return for adult and child for 30 minute of crushed standing, most folks will go back to their car
The head said take the car and pay £4 to park it in the centre but heart said take the train.
You can guess what my son and wife said when we got back:oops:. Still the exercise walking the mile to and for the station both ends was good and we saw a class 66,66,66,66 :p

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
BHM-LEI is already half-hourly. XC can't simply make 2tph beyond there happen though - they need DfT clearance among many other hurdles. It has been proposed to run to PBO half-hourly in the past IIRC, it certainly needs longer trains.

fsmr

BHM-LEI is already half-hourly. XC can't simply make 2tph beyond there happen though - they need DfT clearance among many other hurdles. It has been proposed to run to PBO half-hourly in the past IIRC, it certainly needs longer trains.

Hi yes aware of that lot but assume this all gets reported back to XC control as there was no way of her physically being able to get through the train between Oakham and Leicester

I was more wondering if this was now a sea change of travel patterns as I havent seen the trains as bad as this before at Oakham, having said that we used to have 7 coach class 31s on here in the 70s and 80s in between the 1st gen DMus
Wonder if any HSTs or voyagers will be available soon:idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.