• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overcrowding, staff shortages, shielding, vaccinations, returning to the railway …

Status
Not open for further replies.

island

Veteran Member
I was with you to that point - I uninstalled the app several months ago when I came to the conclusion that the risk of being made to isolate due to a false positive connection far outweighed the benefit of mitigating my risk from the disease or of sharing it.

I do record my details correctly where asked to track and trace, but because I believe that contact tracing needs to be based on real risk rather than arbitrary technological assessments in all but the worst of circumstances.
So all you’ve done by doing that is changed potential recommendations to self-isolate (from the app) into legally binding instructions to self-isolate (from test & trace), with four-figure fines for not doing so.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

35B

Established Member
So all you’ve done by doing that is changed potential recommendations to self-isolate (from the app) into legally binding instructions to self-isolate (from test & trace), with four-figure fines for not doing so.
I've also side stepped the whole grey area of "what about" if I receive a ping. My view of the legitimacy of track and trace will differ from that of others here.

RailExplorer

A very recent experience…. My trainee had the app. It pinged. He self isolated. I don’t have the app. I didn’t self isolate and continued driving trains and got given an alternative candidate to teach. His app could’ve produced the ping whilst I was with him. He is vaccinated. I am not. Any logic? Of course not.

Status
Not open for further replies.