• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overdistance Excess

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom3107

Hi, on Thursday I will be travelling on the outward portion of a Off-Peak Return from Chester to Milton Keynes Central with a 16-25 railcard discount. Please could somebody advise me as to how much it will cost to excess the outward portion only to Millbrook (Bedfordshire).

Will I be able to buy the excess when I arrive at Milton Keynes either from the gateline staff or the main ticket office when I arrive if I cant buy it onboard the Chester to Milton Keynes service?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I suggest you buy it at Chester, or failing that at the first opportunity.

Technically once you reach MKC your contract with the Railway has expired. But if there was no opportunity before this, you could argue you're still entitled to it (e.g. if the ticket office at Chester was unable to do it, and the guard of the Chester-MKC train had a broken ticket machine or something!)

The excess is £0.00

Established Member
I've not had any luck getting Northern Guards in the Manchester area to issue excesses recently, they've all either told me they won't do it or the most recent incident the guard told me to take a chance with a Single from Macclesfield to Stockport when coming back the opposite way and hide at the front of the train when I asked to Excess to a return as I accidently bought a Single from a TVM and didn't have time to go to Macclesfield ticket office. He used the word "Upgrade" as opposed to Excess. There were no ticket offices I could go to as Stockport shuts at 1930.

Status
Not open for further replies.