• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overground/Crossrail takeover of Greater Anglia inners

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Yes I've noticed him often, always defending TfL and hating AGA for often minor things :roll:

I got into another 'discussion' last night, and said he is willing to let things go for TfL (and anyone else) but not Abellio, making him blinkered and on a personal crusade.

He denied it, but we both agreed that the current franchise (non-growth) was flawed, so I asked if he'd be okay with Abellio if it won the new franchise and agreed to invest in new trains etc.

He said no it wouldn't be okay, as they're clowns and continued to slag them off. The way he talks about the company makes it clear he has an actual hatred towards them, and can't see any positives at all. How else can mismatched seat covers or some dust on a route planner sign be such a big deal?

So, yes, it seems the problem isn't the investment (or lack of) and any other things related to the franchise as it is - set out by the DfT - but Abellio. Even another company running the current franchise and doing the exact same thing would have presumably been okay.

He, like others, believe DOR should have been running it - unaware of that fact that EC was/is a pretty easy and straight forward service to run and I have my doubts that DOR would have done much different on a busy commuter service, on lines in drastic need of upgrades and having suffered loads of problems - as well as using rolling stock that has had maintenance issues that go back further than when Abellio came in.

(Yes, I got the whole apologist thing and he's also told me how pathetic we are on this trainspotter forum. Even Wayne called me inept on Twitter last night and had another dig at this forum!).

Delayed_again said:
you and your "we love abellio and we love appalling expensive service" crew are so funny! What a joke.....

Delayed_again and the associated website is nothing more than a front for a couple of people to try and get rid of people they don't like for some reason, not to actually get a better deal for users. It's so weird, as I wonder where they get the time. On Twitter, you'd swear it's a 24/7 operation.

The irony is that he considers us all apologists, and that I secretly work for Abellio, but if he wasn't on a mission he could perhaps save time concentrating on the real issues that get discussed here about AGA, not trivial matters that nobody gives a damn about.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jopsuk

Veteran Member
That little branch down to New Cross is shouting out to be extended somewhere.

Bromley north would be a favourite if it weren't for how hard connecting from the slows to the branch at Grove park, either under or over the fasts, would be.

Established Member
I agree with those above, the TfL Rail twitter feed is fairly useless. They're treating it as a tube/already reliable Overground service when it is neither, and for some reason they don't give updates on individual services, unlike GA's twitter feed.

dosxuk

Established Member
I agree with those above, the TfL Rail twitter feed is fairly useless. They're treating it as a tube/already reliable Overground service when it is neither, and for some reason they don't give updates on individual services, unlike GA's twitter feed.

I suspect this will be used as proof by certain parties that there is no disruption now Abellio are out of the frame.

SPADTrap

Established Member
Is that the sound of the grass not being so green on the other side? :lol:

jon0844

Veteran Member
What's funny is that given how blinkered and arrogant some of these anti-AGA people are, I end up defending the companies more than I otherwise would!

I feel Abellio gets an unfair ride, but that doesn't mean I love the company by any means. I've had more than my fair share of issues with the company, and have had to complain about things a number of times.

However, I also travel on the services regularly now and have yet to experience a single cancellation or delay (as in a real delay that messed up my travel, not a few minutes caused by a passenger holding the door open at Tottenham Hale to let others on who were yet to buy tickets), and I also see staff working very hard on the ground to give information despite some testing conditions, staff working hard to clean the mess left by passengers and even a social media account that has improved considerably and perhaps shouldn't have every single Tweet sent to it hijacked by others.

All I've ever said, especially to Wayne when he was on here, was to be more balanced. You can't get things done by attacking all the time. Not only was this advice ignored, but it's as bad as ever and is becoming farcical.

dk1

Veteran Member
Oh it was a kind of Karma to crawl along the M lines this morning with hundreds of passengers waiting at stations on the E lines with no trains & those running unable to close the doors due to sheer volumes trying to scramble aboard. Welcome to the GEML :lol:

Dave1987

On Moderation
Just goes to show that this has never been about getting a better service for passengers on GEML. Its definitely a case of 'any service will do as long as it isn't operated by Abellio'. The tweets today defending TFL to the hilt at the same time as slagging of AGA when both are subject to the same signal failures goes to shoe this. One groups vendetta against one TOC. I really do wonder what Abellio did to Ian Edwards to make him hate one company so much.

If any one wants to know who Ian Edwards is by the way:

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/8902340.Anger_as_no_one_accepts_broken_lights_problem/?ref=rss

450.emu

Just goes to show that this has never been about getting a better service for passengers on GEML. Its definitely a case of 'any service will do as long as it isn't operated by Abellio'. The tweets today defending TFL to the hilt at the same time as slagging of AGA when both are subject to the same signal failures goes to shoe this. One groups vendetta against one TOC. I really do wonder what Abellio did to Ian Edwards to make him hate one company so much.

If any one wants to know who Ian Edwards is by the way:

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/8902340.Anger_as_no_one_accepts_broken_lights_problem/?ref=rss

Wow... that forboding looking path is too much :shock: Perhaps he will bombard EDF / Colchester Council's Twitter feed until this dreadful situation is rectified. He must have another Twitter handle, perhaps @Lights_Again? Methinks he's got too much time on his hands... are there no Job Clubs between signing on cycles for these folk? :oops: :roll:

Last edited:

Becca

Here's a slightly clearer photo of the LO moquette-ed 315 from this morning's press meeting:
18159532168_e9a29a7b79_b.jpg

More here.

Last edited:

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Well that's certainly an improvement to the 315s, now if they could just fit them with modern seating!

jopsuk

Veteran Member
it's unusual to have an assymetric yellow area, yes? Any other examples?

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Does anyone know why the Emerson Park line has the member of staff based on board the train rather than at the station? I know there are no facilities for staff to be based, but neither were there any at stations on the Goblin or at Wandsworth Rd/Clapham High St, where portable buildings were put in.

Just seems a bit bizarre as one of the big selling points was staff at every station.

jon0844

Veteran Member
If they do, it's just the fault of the passenger... Unless it's AGA of course. Then it's poor maintenance and a lack of investment to replace them with brand new ones in minutes.

Wivenswold

Established Member
I wonder how long it will be before AGA hear "Late running due to a late running TfL train". It'll be Anglia/First Great Eastern all over again.

But cynicism aside, I think it will benefit AGA passengers if their TOC has less trains to run .

Also, I don't agree that Ginger has a problem just with AGA. I've had a drink with him, he is a very clever chap and passionate about the falling standards of train travel. But I think that some complaints about litter and seat covers don't take into consideration that the trains would be in better condition if a minority of users treated carriages as shared spaces, to be left how you found it.

Dave1987

On Moderation
Also, I don't agree that Ginger has a problem just with AGA. I've had a drink with him, he is a very clever chap and passionate about the falling standards of train travel. But I think that some complaints about litter and seat covers don't take into consideration that the trains would be in better condition if a minority of users treated carriages as shared spaces, to be left how you found it.

So why the direct attacks on AGA and the total defence of anything that isn't AGA? If he was just passionate about falling standards of train travel, everyone would support him. All he seems to be interested in is getting rid of AGA and spending billions and billions of £'s on a completely new fleet for GEML. I've seen him tweet that GEML should always have a brand new fleet with trains cascaded elsewhere when getting older.

dosxuk

Established Member
Also, I don't agree that Ginger has a problem just with AGA.

Is this the same Ginger who used to post on here about how happy he was that Abellio were taking over from NX because all of the GE problems were solely down to them?

devon_metro

Established Member
As somebody who commutes from Stratford to Liverpool Street I now have the choice of TfL or AGA. The information on delays is far more comprehensive from AGA who actually provide individual train updates. TfL claimed to be running a "good service" this morning however a quick check on RTT showed that the trains were all delayed! My journey on AGA was very pleasant, with a seat (in coach 2 of 12) and the train was clean. I suspect my journey on the 315s would have been considerably more unpleasant.

dk1

Veteran Member
Is this the same Ginger who used to post on here about how happy he was that Abellio were taking over from NX because all of the GE problems were solely down to them?

Oh now that's a scary thought :o

Status
Not open for further replies.