• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Overground Trainee Driver - Harlesden and SE London, Feb '21 & Aug '21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelki

The delay is that Lia left then the man who was hired after left now they have just hired another in house recruiter in September. I’m assuming everything is a mess and the hand over would be bad seeing as Lia had left before this new hire

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kelki

The last to have had their interview and were successful will start November. The next recruitment will be for feb/March start. I spoke to the guy leading the recruitment direct.

Kelki

Do you know if they are still adhering to the DMIs they promised to conduct?
Yes they will but when the next spaces open up for recruitment and that’s for feb/March. Everything is on hold right now

My partner is in that batch waiting

Hertzy90

Assuming no one from July/august sort of time that went to a dmi has heard still? I’ve just looked on my career portal and my application has now completely vanished, I think it’s time to give up on this one…

The Don

That's poor if no one is keeping us updated, especially after all those assessments and interviews

I'm going to try and contact them to see if they will still honour my interview for recruitment in March

Last edited:

The Don

No the emails didn't send. Whether people have left or what. Sent an email to the general careers email but bounced back an email saying not taking any applications until the summer of 2019 which is confusing. Poor really, should be keeping us updated more than this

nb2001uk

No the emails didn't send. Whether people have left or what. Sent an email to the general careers email but bounced back an email saying not taking any applications until the summer of 2019 which is confusing. Poor really, should be keeping us updated more than this
hmmm...did you try Andy Page aswell?

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers

A number of the Overground recruitment team have recently left. It seems people from Arriva centrally are stepping in but this can be hit and miss and information is badly out of date generally.

mattso

Hi Everybody
I don't usually post on here but do check in every now and then. However I completed my stage 2 assessments on the 25th oct 2021 and was informed by the OPC that I had passed and my details would be passed on to ARL. Who would contact me in the next few weeks to schedule a DMI. After not hearing anything for 5 weeks I emailed ARL careers email Address and after a week of not hearing anything I emailed my original contact so I thought it was worth a shot. After still not hearing anything, today I called the switch board and managed to speak to a lady from Arrivas HR. After I explained my situation she found my email I had previously sent Arriva careers and forwarded it on to another gentleman. Here is his response I hope helps some of you out.

Screenshot 2021-12-10 at 17.30.13.png
Screenshot 2021-12-10 at 17.30.47.png
Screenshot 2021-12-10 at 17.31.11.png
Screenshot 2021-12-10 at 17.31.34.png

Personal details have been removed for privacy.

Last edited by a moderator:

nb2001uk

sad news; This has happened more than once now with ARL

Thanks for updating us

I note that they say; they have several thousand applicants to inform about the delay in interviews...I didn't know that that many would be through to the DMI?

The Don

Yeah that's a pain. Sods law funding has come to a halt now. Thanks for sharing this peace of information however.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
I think we will close this thread for now. If there is an update, use the Report function to advise the moderator team.

Status
Not open for further replies.